Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

11 minutes ago, av1 said:

Well i wasn't going say, but since you mention it.... :)

Look, you can forgive someone for a lack of a ability, but you can't forgive your club captain for downing tools during a relegation battle. I'm normally happy to give people a second chance but we are talking about a whole season here (some would say a few seasons). He is he epitome of what went wrong last season, when the players see that the team captain and club captain don't care what hope have you got?

I don't forgive him...but ultimately he is an 'asset' and we are paying him. So we have to find a way to make use of it.

4 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

This. Also I am bothered about the perception, rightly or wrongly, that he has been a problem in the dressing room under various managers. 

Yep. Ever since MON there has been rumours about Gabby being disruptive, by all accounts GH wanted rid. I try not to pay to much attention to these sort of things, but his attitude last season seems to strengthen that train of thought. 

10 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't forgive him...but ultimately he is an 'asset' and we are paying him. So we have to find a way to make use of it.

Fair enough. It seems then we just disagree slightly about his ability,  I don't think he would be an asset next season. 

While the championship is a much weaker league than the PL, you still need more to your game than being able to run fast in a straight line. 

Edited by av1

On 6/27/2016 at 21:09, alreadyexists said:

Someone in MLS is surely gullible enough to buy a former England international and Premier League player...? Fingers crossed. They might get a bit suspicious when we don't ask for a transfer fee, and offer to pay for his flight!

we could also add in top Aston Villa scorer in Premier League era

actually that league took Moore, Reo Coker and Ridgewell in recent seasons they might be wary :P 

• Like 1

Is it just me or did anybody else find gabby more entertaining gone off the rails than they have ever had seen him in a Villa jersey!! How disappointing he's no club captain thank God club flop should be more adequate!! I can safely say that he can promise to give 100%  all he wants we know that it's all bullshit I'm in full favour of just paying him off the remainder of his contract and let some other team be the sucker giving him a contract a team like Leeds or owls there the kind of idiots that would snap up this absolute loser rant over!!!

Gabby didn't down tools he was dropped as he wasn't doing much but he's been like that for a few years. He isn't a centre forward anymore but he can still do a job for us in the FL. I can't see him being bought so we have to utilise him. 

2 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Gabby didn't down tools he was dropped as he wasn't doing much but he's been like that for a few years. 

One of the reasons he was dropped was because he became fat and unfit, due to not giving a toss. Ergo, he downed tools. 

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Did anyone else, when watching him on the treadmill, imagine that there was a picture of a Big Mac on the mirror in front of him?

I did, and it made me smile. 

I imagined there was a CSA representative behind him. 

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Did anyone else, when watching him on the treadmill, imagine that there was a picture of a Big Mac on the mirror in front of him?

I did, and it made me smile. 

I pictured him running towards a chop that thought makes me pretty pleased

• Like 1

Pay him off please could not care less what this clown says, was one of the major problems of last season. Sadly this talk makes it sound like no one is stupid enough to take him off our hands

• Like 1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

One of the reasons he was dropped was because he became fat and unfit, due to not giving a toss. Ergo, he downed tools. 

Not sticking up for Gabby but a PL footballer getting fat says a lot about the state of the club. If you're paying someone that much money they eat what you say and train when you want. They should be the perfect specimen of a footballer physically hopefully now with have a proper fitness coach and strict management team this all sorts itself out. 

• Like 1

He will be complete poison even if we don't play him. If no buyers have been found upon closure of the window, then the club must bite the bullet and pay off the remainder of his contract. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â