Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Let's hope it's a one-way ticket to Raqqa.

You might think he is the poorest player to ever don our shirt but there really is no need for crap like this.

I have always thought any player not putting a shift in deserves all the shit that comes his way but in the main I have never gotten that impression with Gabby. I genuinely think he tries and given that for over nine years under 5 managers he has been a fixture in the side, despite some poor runs of form, it would suggest he works hard in training as well.

I still think if we are to stay up this season he will have a role to play and it would not surprise me in the slightest if he pops up with a handful of crucial goals as he has done previously on numerous occasions. If the manager and coaching staff, as there is not a cat in hells chance Gabby has just decided to go abroad for a week, think that some warm weather training will help with that then that is fine by me.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

What does it say? because im struggling to see how it says anything at all really
------------------------
That hes crucial so theyre sending him abroad to try to get him to recover from little injuries quicker and allow him to play the season out?

or

He isnt wanted so they send him abroad?

Edited by gharperr

34 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I think it says a lot about how the coaching staff think of Agbonlahor that they send him off at such a crucial time for us.

Really doesn't show much at all. Why would they risk playing someone through injury?

Edited by guyavfc

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:  

I'm not being funny, but from this post I gather what you know about muscular injuries could fit on a postage stamp, with room to spare.

Ok, maybe I am being funny!

Muscles perform better in warmer weather (warm, not hot by the way). You are less susceptible to injuries, you can train for longer and at a higher intensity. It also makes it easier to listen you your body, you're less likely to push through the pain barrier. There are also the psychological advantages, though I understand now that footballers are supposed to be robots not affected by such daft girly things, so I'll not go into that.

Gym's are nice and warm this time of the year and I'm sure we've got a perfectly adequate one at BMH as well.[emoji6]

I get the psychological benefits, but I'm pretty sure if I'd been performing well below my standards for years, my boss wouldn't be saying go and work abroad for a bit to make yourself feel better.  

Gabby has been awful for far to long and as a fan, I find it slightly insulting that he's not recovering with the rest of the team. They should all be pulling together to get us out of this mess. 

Just my opinion......

Gyms aren't outdoors. He's a footballer.

What do you do?

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

You might think he is the poorest player to ever don our shirt but there really is no need for crap like this.

I have always thought any player not putting a shift in deserves all the shit that comes his way but in the main I have never gotten that impression with Gabby. I genuinely think he tries and given that for over nine years under 5 managers he has been a fixture in the side, despite some poor runs of form, it would suggest he works hard in training as well.

I still think if we are to stay up this season he will have a role to play and it would not surprise me in the slightest if he pops up with a handful of crucial goals as he has done previously on numerous occasions. If the manager and coaching staff, as there is not a cat in hells chance Gabby has just decided to go abroad for a week, think that some warm weather training will help with that then that is fine by me.

I was only trying to be funny. Can't have any empathy for this player, been mediocre for way too long. Garde has had to send him away from the squad, mid-season, to provoke a reaction in the player, but the trouble here is I don't know if Gabby will fully understand why Garde has done this. Probably thinks its a reward for 8 touches in 45 minutes. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, benireduk said:

Gym's are nice and warm this time of the year and I'm sure we've got a perfectly adequate one at BMH as well.;)

I get the psychological benefits, but I'm pretty sure if I'd been performing well below my standards for years, my boss wouldn't be saying go and work abroad for a bit to make yourself feel better.  

Gabby has been awful for far to long and as a fan, I find it slightly insulting that he's not recovering with the rest of the team. They should all be pulling together to get us out of this mess. 

Just my opinion......

What an incredible thing to be 'insulted' by!

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

oh it'll be a handful of goals, don't worry about that.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:   I'm not being funny, but from this post I gather what you know about muscular injuries could fit on a postage stamp, with room to spare.

Ok, maybe I am being funny!

Muscles perform better in warmer weather (warm, not hot by the way). You are less susceptible to injuries, you can train for longer and at a higher intensity. It also makes it easier to listen you your body, you're less likely to push through the pain barrier. There are also the psychological advantages, though I understand now that footballers are supposed to be robots not affected by such daft girly things, so I'll not go into that.

Gym's are nice and warm this time of the year and I'm sure we've got a perfectly adequate one at BMH as well.[emoji6] I get the psychological benefits, but I'm pretty sure if I'd been performing well below my standards for years, my boss wouldn't be saying go and work abroad for a bit to make yourself feel better.  

Just my opinion......

Gyms aren't outdoors. He's a footballer.

What do you do?

What does my job have anything to do with it?

We have indoor pitches at BMH which can be used.

We obviously both have different opinions. Let's just leave it at that ey?

55 minutes ago, benireduk said:

well how very dare you challenge DDD about Gabby!!.  By the way i'm with you.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Just read a transfer rumour I would love to be true. Gabby leaving in January to make room for replacements.

Oh i do hope so, however i fear just another false dawn. who in their right mind would match those ridiculous wages, for so little in return.

As bad as he has been the last time we looked anywhere near decent was when he was upfront against Leicester 

He might be passed it or looked poor but he can still offer something in liu of better players being signed

On 11/21/2015, 4:17:18, benireduk said:

Your opinion is bollocks in this case though.

You keep ignoring the point people keep making that makes criticising Gabby for this utterly ludicrous.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Your opinion is bollocks in this case though.

You keep ignoring the point people keep making that makes criticising Gabby for this utterly ludicrous.

So just because I don't share the same opinion as you, my opinion is bollocks?

Kind of defeats the point of having a forum doesn't it?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, benireduk said:

So just because I don't share the same opinion as you, my opinion is bollocks?

Kind of defeats the point of having a forum doesn't it?

No.

It's bollocks because you seem to be angry at Gabby for going abroad to do warm weather training/rehab.

But it's almost certainly a decision made by the doctors/physios/coaches/manager. Gabby wouldn't be allowed to just decide by himself to go on holiday in the middle of the season.

Like I said, several people have already pointed this out, but you seem to have ignored it each time.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No.

It's bollocks because you seem to be angry at Gabby for going abroad to do warm weather training/rehab.

But it's almost certainly a decision made by the doctors/physios/coaches/manager. Gabby wouldn't be allowed to just decide by himself to go on holiday in the middle of the season.

Like I said, several people have already pointed this out, but you seem to have ignored it each time.

You make some valid observations which i don't necessarily disagree with, however can you not see the other side of this story, where decent hard working fans paying their hard earned cash, see an under performing footballer fly off to warmer climes whilst the rest of the team/fans shiver in the recent cold snap. It's not the best PR ever is it considering his form?.

PS for the record in my humble opinion it wont make diddly squat difference to him anyway, but as i say that's just my opinion

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â