Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Pants.

Did you see his movement in this game? No? That's because it wasn't there to see.

He has this habit, too, of going to ground every time he has his back to goal (especially second half). That alone puts us under pressure.

Oh, and the penalty from Okore? Guess who lost the ball in a decent position from a bloody awful touch..... :angry:

Sadly Gabby is not good enough to be playing 90 minutes each week, needs to be managed better.

That's funny, I thought Lambert was doing the best he could under the circumstances???

Like every human being, Lambert is not infallible, it would be naive and stubborn to suggest otherwise. Besides, I have been advocating the rotation of Gabby since the end of last season. I suppose with Benteke and Kozak being injured/suspended resources have been stretched, so this may have afforded GA more playing time?

Edited by GENTLEMAN

I brought this up in the match thread, but there was a point against Burnley where Cole had the ball and was looking for a pass and Gabby was just casually walking back from his offside position. So frustrating.

Gabby always played his best when he was right next to Carew. He can't play the loan striker role. If we could play a 4-4-2 and have Gabby right under/next to Benteke, he might score 10+ goals a season again. 

Gabby always played his best when he was right next to Carew. He can't play the loan striker role. If we could play a 4-4-2 and have Gabby right under/next to Benteke, he might score 10+ goals a season again. 

Agree with this, or out on the wing. I think his pace and power are just scary enough that he might open up some space for Benteke as well.

That said, Wiemann seems to play so well with Benteke when they are both on so it will be interesting to see how Lambo squeezes them all in or out.

Would've been interesting what would've happened if Benteke hadn't got the red v Spurs as remember Gabby was benched for that game and Weimann scored in it which suggests he wouldn't have walked back in.

I've always said I'm happy with him starting most away games as we tend to get results but he really shouldn't be starting every single home game aswell.

He's an odd one, when we play better he plays better, when we play worse, he plays worse. I wonder if he'd be incredible at Real Madrid? Probably not.

Anyways, a good performance today, a mature one too, worked hard, was creative and carried a threat with his pace. Good.

• Like 1

He's an odd one, when we play better he plays better, when we play worse, he plays worse. I wonder if he'd be incredible at Real Madrid? Probably not.

Anyways, a good performance today, a mature one too, worked hard, was creative and carried a threat with his pace. Good.

Not his biggest fan but probably more down to the fact he could play his own game today, we dominated possession and he was mentally and physically **** from chasing down players, shit balls and having to be defensively switched on all game.

He was fresh and alert in all the right positions today.

The more I read about potential goings on at the club, the more I believe that this guy is the major issue.

I'm not sure who he thinks he is, or what he thinks makes him so special but his name has cropped up time & time again in articles suggesting disagreements & bust ups with management over the past few years. Now, not all them will be true but it also ties in with MMs comments about him a few years back.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â