Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

It feels like something has happened behind the scenes between Lambert and Gabby.

I appreciate Gabby can be a headless chicken and ineffective but in his career at Villa I have never seen him not try, even when he isn't on his game he still runs at and bullies defenders. He's stopped doing that, he seems to have one run on vaguely towards the goal a game and mostly seems to just give up, passing when he has to but doing little of note.

If we look at Lambert and say another manager could get more out of this players, then it's hard to see that because the players we have are usually so average. But Gabby i genuinely think is capable of much better and I really think something has broken down.

Why has Delph and Vlaar still not signed new deals, Vlaar maybe wants to see out his career at a bigger club after a good world cup, I can't really argue with his intentions it is probably his last chance. Delph however in some way owes us for the fact we have stood by him during all the injuries he's had, if repayment comes in the form of one good season and then he leaves for nothing, then that is harder to take, but like Downing before him I think that is exactly what will happen.

Its all very noble, to be the lad from the terraces.....But like Steven Gerrard and our own Ian Taylor, you have to deliver.

I see things with Gabby that makes it difficult for me to endear myself to him. I find his football intelligence challenging.

its not his fault if he is a football duffer/dimwit, but i struggle to watch it.....This is Aston Villa Football club

Edited by TRO

It feels like something has happened behind the scenes between Lambert and Gabby.

I appreciate Gabby can be a headless chicken and ineffective but in his career at Villa I have never seen him not try, even when he isn't on his game he still runs at and bullies defenders. He's stopped doing that, he seems to have one run on vaguely towards the goal a game and mostly seems to just give up, passing when he has to but doing little of note.

If we look at Lambert and say another manager could get more out of this players, then it's hard to see that because the players we have are usually so average. But Gabby i genuinely think is capable of much better and I really think something has broken down.

Why has Delph and Vlaar still not signed new deals, Vlaar maybe wants to see out his career at a bigger club after a good world cup, I can't really argue with his intentions it is probably his last chance. Delph however in some way owes us for the fact we have stood by him during all the injuries he's had, if repayment comes in the form of one good season and then he leaves for nothing, then that is harder to take, but like Downing before him I think that is exactly what will happen.

Yeah but he just signed a four year deal, his final big money contract. He doesn't need to try anymore.

Its all very noble, to be the lad from the terraces.....But like Steven Gerrard and our own Ian Taylor, you have to deliver.

I see things with Gabby that makes it difficult for me to endear myself to him. I find his football intelligence challenging.

its not his fault if he is a football duffer/dimwit, but i struggle to watch it.....This is Aston Villa Football club

Eloquently put my fellow Villian .

• 3 weeks later...

Tonight is the perfect time for someone to take Gabby to one side and point out what I think has become his biggest failing. He was excellent in the first half, buzzing around everywhere, chasing things, but he ran out of steam after 45 minutes. He's spent a lot of time making himself strong so that he can hold the ball up, but it's not where his strength lies - he could do with ditching a couple of kilos of that muscle and getting some of the energy back into his game - it's the energy that makes him dangerous.

For the record, goal number 81 puts him level with Ray Graydon as our 23rd highest goalscorer.

Tonight is the perfect time for someone to take Gabby to one side and point out what I think has become his biggest failing. He was excellent in the first half, buzzing around everywhere, chasing things, but he ran out of steam after 45 minutes. He's spent a lot of time making himself strong so that he can hold the ball up, but it's not where his strength lies - he could do with ditching a couple of kilos of that muscle and getting some of the energy back into his game - it's the energy that makes him dangerous.

For the record, goal number 81 puts him level with Ray Graydon as our 23rd highest goalscorer.

oh ray graydon,he took the penalty,that scored the goal,that won the cup,for villa at wembley  :D

I thought he was decent last night, he suffers from the same limitations as Weimann and N'Zogbia but he has a big big weapon of pace/power that they don't.

It only turns up once every 6/9 games but when teams dont set up correctly against him he can still be a threat.

granted....but in terms of goals to games it has a more jaundiced look about it.

Gabby has played many games for this club and that has got him his goals tally as opposed to being prolific.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â