Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Well he was dropped at least for a home game, that hardly ever happens despite so many anonymous performances at VP in the last few seasons.

Hope this will spark him into life again, we need something from him in the games that Benteke is out for.

Totally agree with the above comments. He was great about six years ago an we thought we had a superstar on our hands.

Since then he has just gone backwards. His attitude and effort is deplorable. He just does not care as along as Villa pay him each week.

It was interesting today how much better we looked without him. N'Zogbia looked the real deal rather than Gabby's blind alley runs and general lack of tactical nous. Add to that his calamitous defending and you have a player we need to ship out to some other sucker club.

A superstar? Crikey who thought that? When? And why? Bar the odd game, at best he's looked a half decent prem striker, even in a decent team.

• Like 1

At the very least, going down to 10 men, I thought he would provide an outlet, come on fresh, use the pace he got to good effect, close them down and generally being fresh, work his bollocks off for the team.

We might aswell have kept Charlie on, we might as well have brought Bent on for all he **** did.

A new contract, this guy must be laughing.

As for the one of us thing, embarrassing. He really doesn't care, he hasn't for a long time.

• Like 2

I watched him leave the pitch before the ref had even finished blowing for full time.

He couldnt get off quick enough, and its not the first time he has done that.

I don't think the bloke gives a flying **** about anything anymore, other than his salary ! 

Edited by andyh
  • Like 1

Good job we tied him down and didn't use his wage to offer Delph his entire £55k + Delph's existing.

Wandered about and didn't mark from the corner.

Looked to be a zonal system though, so maybe can't blame him for that.

Gabby does frustrate the hell out of me, but I do have a bit of sympathy with him as I believe he tends to get played out of position. For me he's a central striker, who should be right on the opposition centre halves, not coming from deeper. If he's right up top, they know he's quick so they drop deeper, which gives the midfield (and a strike partner, perhaps) a bit more space to play in, and further up the pitch.

Imo he should be up top alongside Benteke, and told to stay ahead of the big man at all times, because at least then there's a smidgeon of a chance that someone might actually latch on to one of the many long balls we pump up there for the big man to fight for.

• Like 1

Yes its no excuse for his poor performances, I don't think he's a central striker either myself, he's too lazy to make the runs...Weimann on the otherhand could get you 10/15 goals a season if played centrally.

Edited by PaulC

Gabby does frustrate the hell out of me, but I do have a bit of sympathy with him as I believe he tends to get played out of position.

Oh please...

Not this feel sorry for him arguement again?

Right now, he's a disgrace IMO.

Edited by Woodytom
  • Like 1

Yeah he's a disgrace. One of our disgraces who has earned us points with goals this season. No need to worry though, we've got goals everywhere in this team so they're replaceable.

Fwiw I believe both him and Weimann are central strikers, not Inside Forwards or whatever the Football Manager terminology is for them that has been imposed on them for the past few seasons. He has a habit of getting himself into the positions to score goals when he plays through the middle, but he just hasn't played there enough in recent times.

We're 10 games into the season and his contribution is 2 goals and 0 assists and he has been part of the lowest scoring attack in the league. He has even contributed to the opposition scoring (see the crucial first goal yesterday). The worst thing is he doesn't look that interested.

Stick him on the bench regardless of whether Benteke is playing. Gabby is a spent force IMO.

• Like 1

Yeah he's a disgrace. One of our disgraces who has earned us points with goals this season. No need to worry though, we've got goals everywhere in this team so they're replaceable.

Fwiw I believe both him and Weimann are central strikers, not Inside Forwards or whatever the Football Manager terminology is for them that has been imposed on them for the past few seasons. He has a habit of getting himself into the positions to score goals when he plays through the middle, but he just hasn't played there enough in recent times.

His last contribution came 7 games ago. His application since then, (in games where he played centrally too), has been nothing short of appalling.

If you think it's acceptable for a senior player to put in such lacklustre performances then that's fair dos, but for me, it's beyond unacceptable.

• Like 1

He's been accomodated all his career and in my view the respective managers have just pandered to the popularity from the terraces ( misguided imo)

To keep playing the played out of position record is laughable.

He can't be played down the middle because he simply doesn't score....He can't be played out wide because he can't beat a man in close quarters, he can't cause havoc off the ball because he can't read the game.

He then falls back to defend in an almost "what am i doing here mindset" just putting a body in the box....never thought of looking over his shoulder, but then again why would he ,Ashley young tapped him there and that confused him.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â