Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He is just a symptom of the malaise that is Aston Villa Football Club.

I'd say he is more of a victim of it than anything.

I love your posts, but i do see things Aston Villa much different to you.

.......I guess Dwight Yorke was a victim of it too?

Sorry but I'm completely and utterly baffled by the reference to Dwight Yorke.

Not surprised.....we see things differently .....I was equally baffled how Gabby is a victim

• Like 1

Drop him to the bench. Waste of space who needs to know he's not indispensable. Might give him food for thought.

Play 2 up top with Weimann off Benteke.

Can't be any worse than the dross being served up at the moment.

I agree, Weimann isn't great but at least he makes the effort.

Drop him to the bench. Waste of space who needs to know he's not indispensable. Might give him food for thought.

Play 2 up top with Weimann off Benteke.

Can't be any worse than the dross being served up at the moment.

I agree, Weimann isn't great but at least he makes the effort.

Weimann has proven that he is not a winger whatsoever but he still goes out there and tries to do something. Gabby just walks around for 85 minutes and occasionally pops up to try to do something and fails. 

He keeps getting played in the hole behind a striker! Gabby has pace and that's it either put him on the last man or get him out wide like he used to do. He needs dropping to give him a kick up the arse and hopefully someone will buy him a dvd of when he used to be an attacking threat.

He's really showing a reluctance (laziness?) to run into channels.. which is a shame because that's what made him good, he created space for others by forcing opponents to drop deeper.

Since MON days he always wants it to his feet with his back to goal.. Which means we have 3 strikers doing the same job and not one of them will change.

He was no worse than Weimann or Benteke last night. Like it or not, he's the striker most likely to make something happen in this team.

How will he make something happen? By picking a slide rule defence splitting pass or knocking the ball past his opponent and running? He hasn't the ability to do the first one and is reluctant to do the 2nd! He's game is all pace but he doesn't use it like he used to!

• Like 1

He was no worse than Weimann or Benteke last night. Like it or not, he's the striker most likely to make something happen in this team.

Benteke has just returned from a six-month lay-off and Weimann being shit too doesn't make me think any more of Gabby.

Yes and he's not one of those players that will improve with age. His best days are behind him now! Weimann we have a chance of him improving and we know Benteke will get better but even yesterday Benteke was far more involved in the game than Gabby was.

Just looking through his record, in the last 5 seasons including this one he has scored 23 Premier League goals

Heskey in the 5 seasons prior to him being 28 scored 35 goals.

Edited by PaulC

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â