Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

He used to pick up the ball out wide and break quickly and be very difficult to get off the ball, he rarely scored or had much end product but he was a threat and he always scored important goals when he did score.

Now he doesn't seem to do that and if he goes more central he disappears all together. He's been captaining the side yet he looks like he couldn't give any kind of a f*ck anymore

Edited by VillanousOne

Why? He's done absolutely nothing to suggest that would be useful in any way.

Well the years he was actually played as a striker on a regular basis, we were challenging top 4 and he was getting called up to the England squad.

Why? He's done absolutely nothing to suggest that would be useful in any way.

Well the years he was actually played as a striker on a regular basis, we were challenging top 4 and he was getting called up to the England squad.

Because he was surrounded by better players. He was hopeless for England. Hopeless.

• Like 1

We weren't that good that we could carry a hopeless player every week and challenge the top 4. Gabby played his part and was a good attacker for us.

I never said he was hopeless every week for us. I said he was hopeless for England.

Gabby has always gone through his short bursts of form, even under O'Neill. His touch has always been poor. He never looks for space (always looks to be marked), makes the wrong run time and time again. His finishing is dreadful. 

The fact that he is still an important player and that we notice when he's missing just shows how garbage we really are.

• Like 1

As poor as he can be at times, the sad thing is we look a lot, lot worse when he's out of the team

This is a total myth. Many of our worst performances and runs have come with him in the team. Within our recent run of games, Man City was probably our most impressive performance.

• Like 1

We missed him v Man. City imo.

People seem to be misty eyed about Weimann in a central striking role but apart from poaching to me he offers little there, he can't stretch defences like Gabby on a good day and Benteke most of the time can.

• Like 1

We missed him v Man. City imo.

People seem to be misty eyed about Weimann in a central striking role but apart from poaching to me he offers little there, he can't stretch defences like Gabby on a good day and Benteke most of the time can.

We missed him on a good day but there is no guarantee that type of Gabby would've been on show had he played. In fact, given that his good days are few and far between, the liklihood of that would've been very slim indeed.

Edited by Isa

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â