All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Holy ghosts :D 

If you ever needed help for your drinking you’d probably end up in AA. If you stuck to the programme you would end up with an higher power. There’s been a few like you Bicks who have ended up on the God path and I use the word God as meaning anything you want it to mean in order to hand over your problems 

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

If you ever needed help for your drinking you’d probably end up in AA. If you stuck to the programme you would end up with an higher power. There’s been a few like you Bicks who have ended up on the God path and I use the word God as meaning anything you want it to mean in order to hand over your problems 

Firstly I really dont drink much (well under 20 units a week) and secondly any organisation that requires me suspend belief in reality is more likely to drive me to drink not away from it.

I’m glad it works for you Ruge but for me, it would never work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Firstly I really dont drink much (well under 20 units a week) and secondly any organisation that requires me suspend belief in reality is more likely to drive me to drink not away from it.

I’m glad it works for you Ruge but for me, it would never work.

“Never “ is a big word 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Mind body and spirit before everything 

I know what mind is. 

I know what body is. 

Spirit? 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I know what mind is. 

I know what body is. 

Spirit? 

Soul.

We’ve already been through this, there are some on here content they don’t have a soul. If they are ok feeling they don’t have a soul, that’s fine.

Personally, I believe I do. If someone has the science to disprove that, great, well done.

I guess if I was trying to impose some science over the top of it, it would be called conscience or consciousness or self awareness.

Whatever floats your goat.

• Like 1

On 23/09/2024 at 15:58, bickster said:

AA recovery meetings are a new religion in all honesty

How so? I've often heard a lot about the 12 steps, and how it ends in 'a higher power' (or alternative) - is that what you mean? 

Anyway, there's only one church and one god, Villa Park and Unai Emery. /religion

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â