All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

8 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Hmmm, prepared to give a more tolerant approach to those that can express themselves and their story.

Buttoned up prots not sharing their story due to generations of nurture and culture, maybe not so much tolerance.

That feels a little, off.

Just trying to foster an air of non-vilification for the purposes of conversation, learning and sharing. I think we're all aware of my own personal views on religeon.

2 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

Not really ... what were the children being disobedient about and what was the result?

D’oh. I was flippant about the original sin behind door number 3. 

15 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

D’oh. I was flippant about the original sin behind door number 3. 

I'm sorry :) I take this subject way too seriously. But it does highlight a skill set I don't have.

To take the evidence at hand and then seriously believe that an angel came to Mary (Maryam) about two thousand years ago and foretold of some kind of divine birth ... possibly parthenogenetic. Once that belief evaporates it is tough to believe the following bits and pieces of miraculous events. 

The kicker is, many of us need to vote for politicians who may well have codes for nuclear weapons. How do they evaluate the evidence at hand?

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fruitvilla said:

I remember when I was 18 hitchhiking with my girlfriend ... we got picked up by a Ford Anglia with a "Jesus Saves" sticker. I brought up Christianity, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. Anyway, it turns out this guy was a recovering drug addict, and that Jesus had come to him when he was in an addled state on a train in Norwich. This got him off drugs ... but he simply switched from one addiction to another. 

No doubt less harmful but an addiction nevertheless.

When I lived in Syria,  a decent portion of the western converts to Sufism had previously had drug/alcohol/gambling problems.  I think the path gave them the direction and meaning they had been missing. 

6 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Definitely!

Trouble is that it will be the 2015 FA Cup final on a continuous loop, and every time the loop restarts you'll have forgotten the result.

Good Villains will watch the sem-final against Liverpool but Saint Peter will tell them it is the final and they will believe it.

My last game with my dad (semi 2015) he was too ill to make the final There’s some mileage in this.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â