All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

When I was sat in Bangor hospital there was a few police there because the hospital and police station are within the same building. Found it weird how everyone seemed to know each other hospital staff , police , members of the public . It was quite bizarre but I find wales a bizarre place anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When I was sat in Bangor hospital there was a few police there because the hospital and police station are within the same building. Found it weird how everyone seemed to know each other hospital staff , police , members of the public . It was quite bizarre but I find wales a bizarre place anyway. 

Coppers and nurses has always been a thing

44 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Quakers generally, all those hot chocolate shops opened on working class High Streets to try and offer the masses something other than beer and gin.

Benjamin Rowntree did the surveys which revealed the diabolical state of the poor in York.

While bishops blessed the British tanks as they came off the production-line, the Quakers remained steadfast to their pacifism.

And, of course, it was a Japanese Quaker who founded Sony and ultimately invented the Walkman, to annoy people on public transport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Don't look back in Bangor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If there is life after death:-

Could I still watch the Villa?

Would i need to obtain a spectral ST?, and is there a waiting list?

Can I add it to an apple wallet?

Will it scan at the turnstile?

4 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Don’t think it works like that mate but you never know 🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Definitely!

Trouble is that it will be the 2015 FA Cup final on a continuous loop, and every time the loop restarts you'll have forgotten the result.

Good Villains will watch the sem-final against Liverpool but Saint Peter will tell them it is the final and they will believe it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Benjamin Rowntree did the surveys which revealed the diabolical state of the poor in York.

And don't forget Cadbury ... who created a dry patch in Birmingham and a village for the workers.

20 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Forget about the bible for a minute and imagine god outside of the bible . A god of truth. It’s said by many that Jesus would be appalled at the state many churches we see today. 

I suspect if Jesus existed he would be appalled that there ever were churches and all the idolatry that goes on within them.

As to what was the original sin I suggest you google Genesis (not Phil Collins et al.) and read what the original sin was again. I'll give you a clue again the bits to read are: Gen 2:17 and 3:22. Tell me what you think God was upset about.

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

TBH, I'm inclined to give @Rugeley Villa a bit of a pass on this one. He's been through (and is still going through) a whole load of shit.

I remember when I was 18 hitchhiking with my girlfriend ... we got picked up by a Ford Anglia with a "Jesus Saves" sticker. I brought up Christianity, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. Anyway, it turns out this guy was a recovering drug addict, and that Jesus had come to him when he was in an addled state on a train in Norwich. This got him off drugs ... but he simply switched from one addiction to another. 

No doubt less harmful but an addiction nevertheless.

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

The Christian after life is licking god's boots for eternity. That's it. Endless worship. I don't believe anyone could tolerate that for all eternity, not unless they were no longer themselves.

And Catholics codified some other horrors, like limbo.

After Jesus invented hell (but is all loving and didn't come to divide people).

30 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I suspect if Jesus existed he would be appalled that there ever were churches and all the idolatry that goes on within them.

As to what was the original sin I suggest you google Genesis (not Phil Collins et al.) and read what the original sin was again. I'll give you a clue again the bits to read are: Gen 2:17 and 3:22. Tell me what you think God was upset about.

something along the lines of "tut, tut, tut children, how dare you be so disobedient and share that fruit that I was saving purely for me, myself and I"

Just now, bielesibub said:

something along the lines of "tut, tut, tut children, how dare you be so disobedient and share that fruit that I was saving purely for me, myself and I"

Not really ... what were the children being disobedient about and what was the result?

27 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I  am sure he'd be right pissed-off that he knocked out the miracles, suffered on the cross and most of the New Testament ended up as mostly what Paul thought.

I mean, Jesus was a revolutionary who kicked the money-lenders out of the temple, and then according to Romans 13, Paul told us to obey the magistrate because God appointed him.

The establishment co-ops everything!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I would find this funny ... if this were not so sad. And what if he were wrong about all the other paraphernalia that goes along with being a vicar?

1 hour ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

One man gathers what another man spills 

Yeah, but Saint Steve was stoned. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â