All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

9 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We are born to sin are we not?  The thought process of sin often leads to actual sinning. What you mean nothing was sacrificed ? 

Sin is upsetting god. After years of looking I've not seen evidence that any god exists and the god of the bible cannot exist as the character described is self -contradictory. Any claim to "sin" and "sinners" has to be set aside until the god who is taking the offence is demonstrated.

In your religion, is Jesus alive? If so, what precisely was the sacrifice?

25 minutes ago, limpid said:

Sin is upsetting god. After years of looking I've not seen evidence that any god exists and the god of the bible cannot exist as the character described is self -contradictory. Any claim to "sin" and "sinners" has to be set aside until the god who is taking the offence is demonstrated.

In your religion, is Jesus alive? If so, what precisely was the sacrifice?

He sacrificed his body on the cross . Yes Jesus is alive . Not sure if you know the song by Wet Wet Wet “ Love is all around”  well the lyrics in the song perfectly describe a relationship with Jesus . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He sacrificed his body on the cross . Yes Jesus is alive . Not sure if you know the song by Wet Wet Wet “ Love is all around”  well the lyrics in the song perfectly describe perfectly a relationship with Jesus . 

Because if you really love jesus, let it show. 
bill-nighy-love-actually-2003-2JH2NRG.jp

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He sacrificed his body on the cross . Yes Jesus is alive . Not sure if you know the song by Wet Wet Wet “ Love is all around”  well the lyrics in the song perfectly describe a relationship with Jesus . 

That's not what the bible says. He was resurrected bodily, which means he did not sacrifice his body, but had a day and a half resting. A human body is a pathetic offering from the god of 100s of billions of galaxies. Who offered the sacrifice to whom? If it worked, why don't we still practice death magic?

Do Wet Wet Wet sing about the Jesus who, in his own words, came to bring division (or a sword depending on the translation)? Or that told slaves to obey their masters - even the cruel ones. Or did they just sing some meaningless platitudes?

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

Do Wet Wet Wet sing about the Jesus who, in his own words, came to bring division (or a sword depending on the translation)? Or that told slaves to obey their masters - even the cruel ones. Or did they just sing some meaningless platitudes?

Troggs cover. I don’t think they really believed any of it. Don’t know if that helps.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

Troggs cover. I don’t think they really believed any of it. Don’t know if that helps.

Nah the Troggs one is about some bird from the local knocking shop

18 minutes ago, limpid said:

That's not what the bible says. He was resurrected bodily, which means he did not sacrifice his body, but had a day and a half resting. A human body is a pathetic offering from the god of 100s of billions of galaxies. Who offered the sacrifice to whom? If it worked, why don't we still practice death magic?

We don’t need to practise it anymore because Jesus put an end to all that when he climbed up on our cross . Many Roman guards converted to Christianity after watching our lord get crucified.  Jesus was and is a peaceful man I’ve told you this before. Those quotes you are misinterpreting them. You can’t even admit Jesus was peaceful because it strikes you with fear for believing that. 

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Nah the Troggs one is about some bird from the local knocking shop

It’s the same song, dude.  This therefore proves the non existence of love.

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I know it is but it creates different feelings 

It’s no “Supernaut”, though is it? -  “Got no religion…”

You might be familiar with that one.

• Like 2

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

If anyone of you were stood before God/Jesus would you deny him ? Serious question 

Deny him what?

I'd pretty much ignore him, like I ignore members of the SWP or any other dickhead that tries to sell me a philosophy on the street

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

Deny him what?

I'd pretty much ignore him, like I ignore members of the SWP or any other dickhead that tries to sell me a philosophy on the street

Well shame on you Bicks and there really is no reasoning with you on the subject 

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Throughout the history of the world, the amount of atrocities that have been carried out in the name of some God or another are mind blowing. 

I think religion has a lot to answer for in regards how **** up and horrible the world can be at times. 

That’s not a fair judgement . How many lives has religion saved?  There’s nothing stopping me going out murdering people in your name. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â