All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 

Ah, I was thinking of Genesis 2:17, but as the moon doesn't give light, that'll be another one.

3 minutes ago, limpid said:

Ah, I was thinking of Genesis 2:17, but as the moon doesn't give light, that'll be another one.

Funnily enough ... so was I ... not 2:19

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

For me it’s not wrong no . 

So ... you seem to be in this strange position of believing you are not wrong, there is no chance of you being wrong ... but

12 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I’m not saying anyone is wrong

While you are not saying anyone is wrong ... do you believe they are wrong?

Do you understand why I might be confused by all this?

It always annoys me when I see a sports star or musician talking about how god had a plan for them. 

If you truly believed God had a plan for you to become a successful millionaire than surely you also have to believe that God had a plan for children to be blown to bits in Gaza. Which is **** up. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

For me it’s not wrong no . 

Surely the bible teaches that something can't be right or wrong for you. Something is objectively right or it is not. This is the meaning of righteousness.

Also 1 Peter 3:15 requires you to give a reason.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It always annoys me when I see a sports star or musician talking about how god had a plan for them. 

If you truly believed God had a plan for you to become a successful millionaire than surely you also have to believe that God had a plan for children to be blown to bits in Gaza. Which is **** up. 

The whole thing is strange. Players crossing themselves when going on to the pitch ... thanking God for a goal. 

• Like 1

Just now, fruitvilla said:

So ... you seem to be in this strange position of believing you are not wrong, there is no chance of you being wrong ... but

While you are not saying anyone is wrong ... do you believe they are wrong?

Do you understand why I might be confused by all this?

Because only my belief is important. If you tell me now I am wrong or you believe I’m wrong then that’s ok . Why is it so bad to believe in god ? 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Because only my belief is important.

Why is only your belief important? I would argue, how accurate is your belief would be more important to you?

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Because only my belief is important. If you tell me now I am wrong or you believe I’m wrong then that’s ok . Why is it so bad to believe in god ? 

1 Peter 3:15, give your reason.

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

Surely the bible teaches that something can't be right or wrong for you. Something is objectively right or it is not. This is the meaning of righteousness.

Also 1 Peter 3:15 requires you to give a reason.

I’ve already explained a few pages back to some  degree but I’ll go a bit further and say Jesus suffered for our sins. That’s enough for me to confess to him as my lord . Jesus loves me and feels my pain . 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Why is it so bad to believe in god ? 

It is not bad per se. I have heard some people describe religion/god as training wheels for adults. Eventually, some of us venture on our life's path without those wheels.

Just now, fruitvilla said:

It is not bad per se. I have heard some people describe religion/god as training wheels for adults. Eventually, some of us venture on our life's path without those wheels.

I can relate to that 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

degree but I’ll go a bit further and say Jesus suffered for our sins

And the irony is the original sin was thinking in terms of sin.

4 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

Why is only your belief important? I would argue, how accurate is your belief would be more important to you?

Because without my belief I have nothing 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Because without my belief I have nothing 

What? You believe your beliefs won't be replaced by other beliefs? It is like you are not worried about living what might be a lie, because that lie somehow comforts you?

1 minute ago, fruitvilla said:

What? You believe your beliefs won't be replaced by other beliefs? It is like you are not worried about living what might be a lie, because that lie somehow comforts you?

To believe or not to believe . To not believe takes away any other thought that doesn’t exist within me anyway . Again I can relate to the comfort thing. I’ve experienced things not of this world or that are hard to come across in this world for me to believe that the soul carries in which only strengthened my beliefs. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â