All-Purpose Religion Thread

mjmooney

41 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

But you can. You're omnipotent. 

You just choose not to, because you're a clearing in the woods. 

Your vision of god is magically putting a fish on the table every day.

Perhaps another person’s god has given us the ability to invent the fishing rod, understand good diet, provide enough food for everyone, and science to understand cancer. Unfortunately, we’ve also been given free will, so rather than feed everyone, we have hot dog eating championships, wonky carrots thrown away, and starvation. 

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Your vision of god is magically putting a fish on the table every day.

Perhaps another person’s god has given us the ability to invent the fishing rod, understand good diet, provide enough food for everyone, and science to understand cancer. Unfortunately, we’ve also been given free will, so rather than feed everyone, we have hot dog eating championships, wonky carrots thrown away, and starvation. 

And it comes back to the same old thing. He's designed a flawed creation. Lets us destroy ourselves, shrugs and walks away. Apparently it was all preordained, so he knew it was going to happen anyway. Totally pointless (and sadistic) experiment. He's a clearing in the woods. Or he would be if he existed. 

• Like 1

On 22/08/2024 at 20:43, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I always explain it thus>>

When I research Abraham Lincoln I find references to him being a President of the USA who was assassinated. I also find references to him being a vampire hunter. 

I conclude that Lincoln existed but not everything written about him is factual.  

Jesus is exactly the same. 

did Jesus hunt vampires as well as Lincoln? 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

And it comes back to the same old thing. He's designed a flawed creation. Lets us destroy ourselves, shrugs and walks away. Apparently it was all preordained, so he knew it was going to happen anyway. Totally pointless (and sadistic) experiment. He's a clearing in the woods. Or he would be if he existed. 

Yeah, this magical all powerful being who couldn't be arsed to fix all the imperfections he put into the word isn't worth my thoughts or prayers.

He can **** off quite frankly, rather like George R R Martin who can't be arsed to finish the books I've invested so much time and emotion and money into making him fabulously wealthy in the process. 

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Now there's a new film franchise in the making ....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Jon said:

Now there's a new film franchise in the making ....

In the voice of Redd Pepper

He was PROTUS and he was the son of God but when they got together it was murda 

Edited by Follyfoot

30 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Almost. 

At some point in history the Bible was edited and some of the more ridulous claims were removed. 

Jesus fights the dragons was removed. 

The book of Enoch was completely removed.  If I remember correctly that's the one with alien abduction and spaceships.  

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The book of Enoch was completely removed.  

Good job.

Nobody wants to see rivers of blood.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

You nearly trapped yourself there 🙂

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Almost. 

At some point in history the Bible was edited and some of the more ridulous claims were removed. 

Jesus fights the dragons was removed. 

The book of Enoch was completely removed.  If I remember correctly that's the one with alien abduction and spaceships.  

shame, because Jesus was English he killed the dragons like St George done and Hitler found the secret alien texts giving him a warning to take arms against insidious non European races before the war of the worlds, makes you think 

Forget about the bible for a minute and imagine god outside of the bible . A god of truth. It’s said by many that Jesus would be appalled at the state many churches we see today. 

And having come to a certain cave, and wishing to rest in it, the blessed Mary dismounted from her beast, and sat down with the child Jesus in her bosom. And there were with Joseph three boys, and with Mary a girl, going on the journey along with them. And, lo, suddenly there came forth from the cave many dragons; and when the children saw them, they cried out in great terror. Then Jesus went down from the bosom of His mother, and stood on His feet before the dragons; and they adored Jesus, and thereafter retired. Then was fulfilled that which was said by David the prophet, saying: Praise the Lord from the earth, you dragons; ye dragons, and all you deeps. And the young child Jesus, walking before them, commanded them to hurt no man. But Mary and Joseph were very much afraid lest the child should be hurt by the dragons. And Jesus said to them: Do not be afraid, and do not consider me to be a little child; for I am and always have been perfect; and all the beasts of the forest must needs be tame before me.

Baby Jesus 1 -  Dragons 0 

Gospel Of Pseudo Matthew. 

Edited by Mandy Lifeboats
Added details

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

You nearly trapped yourself there 🙂

You think? Get out of this:

The church claims that God is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipresent. Which is fair enough a premise, as without all that he'd be somewhat imperfect, and not much of a god. 

If he's omniscient, he knows everything that's going to happen, so us having free will can't be true. If we've got free will, the future cannot be known. So he can't be omniscient. 

And he sees all the destruction and suffering that this brilliant plan of his continues to unleash. He's supposed to be kind and loving - but he does nothing about it. Either he could, and chooses not to - in which case he's a proper shit - or he can't - and he's not omnipotent. 

And don't give me the 'moves in mysterious ways'/'the plan is not for us to know' cop out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Forget about the bible for a minute and imagine god outside of the bible . A god of truth. It’s said by many that Jesus would be appalled at the state many churches we see today. 

IMG-0664.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

And he sees all the destruction and suffering that this brilliant plan of his continues to unleash. He's supposed to be kind and loving - but he does nothing about it.  

Getting people to believe that: his greatest trick 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â