General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

People should not hang on every word of supposed iTks

I think MM's reputation has taken massive knocks since the McLeish and OGS farces. There's only a few people who still follow him like sheep despite him failing to be correct since the Darren Bent signing (which was nothing spectacular considering other non-ITK's also had the same info).

The Trees will be missed, though - he reports the facts and never misleads people with made up nonsense.

Read: "MM reports untruths and misleads people with made up nonsense." :lol:

I'm really amazed at the negative opinions of Di Matteo. I thought he handled himself brilliantly, showed variety in his tactics and best of all won. Apart from a 12 game period his managerial career has been almost total success, he's only 41 and hungry. I can see why peope may prefer other candidates, in fact I do too, but he would not be a bad appointment at all. Managers need to have had a bad spell in order to learn and get things right in the long term, which is possibly why he succeeded where AVB didn't. It was hard for AVB to turn things round at Chelsea because he had never experienced anything other than glory. He will be a much better manager now because of it I feel, and I hope we can convince him to come here. If not then Di Matteo would be high up on my shortlist.

Clearly, OGS went and listened to Lerner / Faulkner and didn't like the sound of what he heard

No, he didn`t want to up root his family. That`s clear, because he told us.

However, as our Norwegian friend has already told us, he has had offers from PL clubs previously and so must had already had the family conversation. I believe he is using that as an excuse as he didn't like what he heard.

If Man U managers job came knocking, do you think he would turn the opportunity down? I don't.

Did he actually have the offer to become Villa manager?

I don't see how that is relevant to the argument.

Maybe he didn't even want to bother talking to his family about moving to England when the other PL offers came in because he didn't want to join those clubs?

Come on man... you can't honestly believe that?

I think the OGS/family thing is a load of balls. I assume his kids were born in England and have only lived back in Norway for about a year and a bit. I'm sure Molde gave him the old emotional blackmail plus a renegotiated contract meaning he withdrew his application, that's all.

Lambert seems to have become odds on favourite again. Not sure how much I should actually listen to odds anymore though

Yeah, he has moved from around 7/1 to 2/1 on betfair over the past couple of days.

It's interesting because I'm not sure what it's based on; there hasn't been much in the press about him since he said he was happy at Norwich.

It don't take the media to move someone's odds. Only takes a few people to just have a random £10 bet to make his odds shift.

I would normally agree with that, however I think that this move has been too big and too consistent over a few days to be random bets. There have been no press reports, no gossip, no press conferences, no quotes...

It could be something as simple as people reading into the Martinez press conference and concluding Martinez isn't coming, and therefore Lambert comes in. However, it could be we finally approached Norwich for Lambert and only a few very close people know about it and don't spread the word...

Watch this space...

I was really excited about the prospect of OGS and was disappointed he seemed to change his mind. I'm not bothered about RDM but do think he deserves some credit for the Champions league win. People dont seem to be giving any thought to the fact he might have improved/learned a lot since his West Brom days. I would like Poyet with either Zola, Wilkins or Steve Clark as his assistant.

Same happened with Benitez a few days ago though. He was quite far out (much further out than Lambert's ever been) and then over the course of a day become the favourite for no apparent reason. He's drifted out a bit now but he's still up there. I don't know what's going on. I think everyone's stumped.

Di Matteo has a much better career win percentage than Lambert, Rodgers and Martinez!

He will also have a big pull with players after a great playing career and what he has just done with Chelsea.

To be honest, I'd be happy with any of the above or Poyet!

I wouldn't mind RDM and won't judge him until he has had some time with us, if he does indeed become our manager. However, I think that the Chelsea victories were more down to the team coming together than his managerial ability.

I agree with nnock1984 though, in saying that I would be happy with RDM, Lambert, Rodgers, Martinez or Poyet.

Lambert seems to have become odds on favourite again. Not sure how much I should actually listen to odds anymore though

Yeah, he has moved from around 7/1 to 2/1 on betfair over the past couple of days.

It's interesting because I'm not sure what it's based on; there hasn't been much in the press about him since he said he was happy at Norwich.

It don't take the media to move someone's odds. Only takes a few people to just have a random £10 bet to make his odds shift.

I would normally agree with that, however I think that this move has been too big and too consistent over a few days to be random bets. There have been no press reports, no gossip, no press conferences, no quotes...

It could be something as simple as people reading into the Martinez press conference and concluding Martinez isn't coming, and therefore Lambert comes in. However, it could be we finally approached Norwich for Lambert and only a few very close people know about it and don't spread the word...

Watch this space...

Looking at oddschecker (I know, waste of time) Lambert is massive odds on with a couple of bookies. I'm assuming it would take a large bet for odds to shorten to 1/20.

My point is during OGS saga.. rumours and itk were flying out.. now since then no rumours of anyone being approached? Maybe because noone has

I think we heard so much ITK stuff over OGS because they saw it as a great chance to boost their ITK profile. They knew the trees posts only facts and jumped on it confident it would turn out correct.

I don't remember any of those ITK mentioning OGS before the trees reported where the plane was flying.

The strange thing is, last night Martinez was 1.01 with 32Red. Now he's at 8.4. :?
This is all guess work but I reckon someone got wind that Matinez wasn't getting the Liverpool job so backed him heavily for Villa. Others have backed Lambert even heavier which has now pushed Martinez back out.

Piece of piss. I should open my own bookies.

Watch this space...

Looking at oddschecker (I know, waste of time) Lambert is massive odds on with a couple of bookies. I'm assuming it would take a large bet for odds to shorten to 1/20.

Massive odds on at the exchanges where are there are no liquidity. I wouldn't take any notice of these what-so-ever. The main bookies maybe, but 32Red and Betdaq only on the massive events where people are actually betting on it... not our market.