Unmissable MNF

mcfc

Imagine a Second City derby title decider - it would be quality

More likely on current form would be a second city derby relegation decider :-(

Or a Second City derby promotion decider :(

Need City to be in the hunt as coda said. They need to be up for it v QPR and we're fine. Saying that if Stoke hammer QPR then we're basically fine no matter the City-QPR result.

Would rather it was a highly entertaining draw though.

I don't have Sky so I've largely been able to avoid their hype wagon and simply look forward to big game of football between two rivals likely which is likely to decide the title. I'm also firmly partisan towards Man City on this one because it's in our interests. Should be good.

Imagine a Second City derby title decider - it would be quality!

Or how about a Second City derby at Wembley!

I'm sure the Mankwanks think that tonight IS a Second City derby.

:bang:

Struggling to think of a more important Premier League game in recent times, I think the inevitable hyperbole from Sky (as sickening as it will be) might be as justified as ever tonight.

I think the game warrants the hype. It's not just the fact that it's between 'big clubs' or that Utd are Sky darlings. Symbolically, it represents the most important test for City since they turned on their infinite money cheat. So not only is the game a potential title-decider but on some level it represents a battle between strategy and the lopsided wealth that has made the Prem uncompetitive. That's not to say that United haven't had their share of megabucks or that they haven't played their part in the stagnation of the league, but I think most people realise that nowadays Utd would be nothing without Fergie.

Realistically, it probably won't live up to the hype. It surely won't beat Swansea vs Wolves the other day.

You're right :x

But they are wrong :P

There is only one Second City derby and it takes place in the Second City of Birmingham! :D

There is only one Second City derby and it takes place in the Second City of Birmingham! :D

Birmingham should lose second city status to Manchester says Brummie businessman Digby Jones

May 17 2011

FAMOUS faces of Birmingham have hit back at claims the city is on the brink of losing its second city status.

Lord Jones of Birmingham has courted controversy by claiming that Brum is in danger of losing out to Manchester.

Britain’s best known businessman, who was born in Kings Heath and won a scholarship to attend fee-paying Bromsgrove School, said his home city has “almost the lowest skills base in the country”.

And to add insult to injury the former trade secretary, who is an Aston Villa fan, said the “buzz” about Manchester was partly created by the soccer successes of Manchester United and Manchester City.

He said: “I think when you see the buzz about Manchester, I think a lot of people in Britain would think of it (the second city status) as Manchester, not Birmingham.

“No matter how much that grieves me,” said Lord Jones, 55, whose parents ran a corner shop in Alvechurch, Worcestershire.

“From Manchester United, it’s Manchester City, it’s Oasis, it’s Coronation Street. It’s all the things which give people this identity and ability to believe in themselves.

“Birmingham has almost always apologised for itself. Birmingham has never had the leg-up that northern cities have had. Government has always thought Birmingham could look after itself.”

Quick Vote

Historian Carl Chinn is among those who have hit back at the Lord Jones’s comments. He said: “What we need to keep on doing is be proactive, be strong and be proud.

“Birmingham is too close to London for comfort, and London and London media continually set us up in this battle with Manchester about who’s second.”

Radio presenter and proud Brummie Jo Malin said: “We need to adopt the confident attitude of other cities. Us Brummies have only ourselves to blames sometimes for the negative attitude.”

Blues striker Kevin Phillips’ wife Julie, who’s lived in Brum for six years, said: “It would be a bit disappointing if we did lose the title – it’s quite a big city and far better than Manchester. There are more shops to choose from and with football we’ve got Birmingham, West Bromwich and Aston Villa.”

Mail (last year)

Birmingham should lose second city status to Manchester says Brummie businessman Digby Jones

May 17 2011

FAMOUS faces of Birmingham have hit back at claims the city is on the brink of losing its second city status.

Lord Jones of Birmingham has courted controversy by claiming that Brum is in danger of losing out to Manchester.

Britain’s best known businessman, who was born in Kings Heath and won a scholarship to attend fee-paying Bromsgrove School, said his home city has “almost the lowest skills base in the country”.

And to add insult to injury the former trade secretary, who is an Aston Villa fan, said the “buzz” about Manchester was partly created by the soccer successes of Manchester United and Manchester City.

He said: “I think when you see the buzz about Manchester, I think a lot of people in Britain would think of it (the second city status) as Manchester, not Birmingham.

“No matter how much that grieves me,” said Lord Jones, 55, whose parents ran a corner shop in Alvechurch, Worcestershire.

“From Manchester United, it’s Manchester City, it’s Oasis, it’s Coronation Street. It’s all the things which give people this identity and ability to believe in themselves.

“Birmingham has almost always apologised for itself. Birmingham has never had the leg-up that northern cities have had. Government has always thought Birmingham could look after itself.”

Quick Vote

Historian Carl Chinn is among those who have hit back at the Lord Jones’s comments. He said: “What we need to keep on doing is be proactive, be strong and be proud.

“Birmingham is too close to London for comfort, and London and London media continually set us up in this battle with Manchester about who’s second.”

Radio presenter and proud Brummie Jo Malin said: “We need to adopt the confident attitude of other cities. Us Brummies have only ourselves to blames sometimes for the negative attitude.”

Blues striker Kevin Phillips’ wife Julie, who’s lived in Brum for six years, said: “It would be a bit disappointing if we did lose the title – it’s quite a big city and far better than Manchester. There are more shops to choose from and with football we’ve got Birmingham, West Bromwich and Aston Villa.”

Mail (last year)

Football helps them loads.

Everyone has heard of Manchester because of Manchester United

Compare Manchester United to Birmingham City :|

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â