Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

The crux is, and every manager ask's the first question and same question is - how much are you going to give me to spend on players?

Lerner is skint and there's every chance that wolves will spend more this summer.

Thus I wouldn't say he's a cert but Lambert is certainly better than I thought we'd end up with (if we get him).

I'm sorry but some fans don't half talk twaddle - Lerner is skint?? So much so he gave that previous incumbent 20 Million and the one before that 24 Million. Yeah he's skint - NOT.

Lambert WILL have funds - they have NEVER been the issue - it's always been the high wages - get them down first then spend butkeep wages manageable.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a fiver on Lambert originally but i'm still going to end up down after throwing so much money at OGS!

Lambert was my original first choice, then I got caught up in the Solskjær hype (even learned how to make that symbol on my keyboard!!). Would have been over the moon with OGS but still very happy with Lambert, think he will do a great job here if he does indeed come in.

peter lansley ‏@LansleyTimes

Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him as new manager

edit: just realized I'm 13 hours late. How come nobody else picked up on this?

I'm sorry but some fans don't half talk twaddle - Lerner is skint?? So much so he gave that previous incumbent 20 Million and the one before that 24 Million. Yeah he's skint - NOT.

Yes, he gave them a portion of the money we raked in from selling the family silver rather than actually spend anything from the vault

Lambert WILL have funds - they have NEVER been the issue - it's always been the high wages - get them down first then spend butkeep wages manageable.

If only that were true. Actions speak louder than words

Dunno what Bob Carolgees has been spouting but I see that Villa-hating, Lerner-bating, self-important, self-appointed 'most-connected-sports-journalist-in-the-Midlands' and 'close-personal-friend-of-Ellis' Pat Murphy is at it again:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18275337

In particular:-

"Villa are not the enticing proposition they once were, and Norwich are no 'country cousins' by comparison - Carrow Road's 22,000 season tickets last season matched that sold at Villa Park."

No attempt to put that stat into context, just another opportunity to put the shoe in to our club - anyone know what made this pompous, silly little has-been so bitter?

Paul Lambert walks out on #ncfc after bust up on being refused permission to talk to #avfc who will now look to appoint him as new manager

Oooh drama.

We did, last night when it was posted. The news isn't true though, so nobody took it any further.

Yes, he gave them a portion of the money we raked in from selling the family silver rather than actually spend anything from the vault

If only that were true. Actions speak louder than words

It is true, we have brought the wage bill down. Randy has backed every manager.

Lambert will have plenty of money to spend.

Maybe because it's just a rumour doing the rounds on Twitter? There's been no word at all from either ourselves, Norwich or Lambert. I won't believe the Lambert to Villa stuff until he's IFOTHEHASASSIBH (in front of the Holte End holding a scarf and shining Stevie Ireland's bald head).

I meant other journalists, and news stations. How do journalists get away with posting b.s. if that isn't true? Thought the Times was a major paper in the UK?

The sun also ran the story.

Here

He maybe talking to us, but he hasn't resigned.

I find it strange that after reports that Lambert walked last night, Norwich have not made a statement.

That's cos maybe Delia doesn't quite know what to say!

Maybe VT should offer to write their press release for them.

Dear Wiz & Co.....

Dunno what Bob Carolgees has been spouting but I see that Villa-hating, Lerner-bating, self-important, self-appointed 'most-connected-sports-journalist-in-the-Midlands' and 'close-personal-friend-of-Ellis' Pat Murphy is at it again:-

"Villa are not the enticing proposition they once were, and Norwich are no 'country cousins' by comparison - Carrow Road's 22,000 season tickets last season matched that sold at Villa Park."

No attempt to put that stat into context, just another opportunity to put the shoe in to our club - anyone know what made this pompous, silly little has-been so bitter?

The club seem to be much closer to Kendrick and Abraham (I realise they're written media ), but I seem to remember Murphy was close to O'Neill and still keeps going on about 'what could have been' if RL had given MON more cash 3 years ago.

Skysports via twitter - are now saying that Lambert hasn't left Norwich ........

Ah well nice while it lasted ......Randy and Faulkner strike again.....

Stop jumping the gun. Just because he hasn't left does not mean he isn't coming.

Skysports via twitter - are now saying that Lambert hasn't left Norwich ........

Eherm I'm now watching SSN & the reporter outside Carrow Road has confirmed that it appears Lambert has left the club, but no official

statement as yet.... defo heated words last night and his representatives are now speaking to Aston Villa.

Also interviewed Shay Given about the appointment - he said he'd be delighted if it all goes through today.

Interestingly reporter also said who he thinks Norwich are lining up as a replacement....

Hmmmmm ergo someone at NCFC must have been thinking they MIGHT need a replacement for just a wee while now one would imagine?!!!!

If PL is in talks with RL or infact RL discusing with NCFC it's nice to see we're doing things the correct way. Do your business behind closed doors and bring it into the public domain when you have something to announce. We all know what the UK press are like.... sigh! Last year we had our fingers burnt thanks to a certain Wigan chairman and he's been up to his old party tricks once again this summer. Also reading a report that Martinez phoned Villa a few days ago saying his interest was conctrete only to be told thanks but no thanks, you had your chance would make my day if true! RL is not mug if this is the case and just makes a mockery of trash talking Whelan!

I prefer the statistic that as we both play with 11 men, Villa are the same size as Barcelona. :winkold:

He played for pov. In terms of the Villa, it doesn't get much more bitter than that.