Purchasing a Car? What one?

knoppy1987

I'm a convert. You can tell from this post. I'm like the car equivalent of a Liverpool fan when it comes to Alfas now. But it's not just me. Take your Maserati in for a service and the garage will give you a Giulietta co-designed with Maserati as your courtesy car.

I'm working my way up to the Maserati itself ;)

ha ha good stuff. I remember seeing one outside Cheshire Oaks shopping centre. The interior was fantastic and one of the best I've seen. Good to see a bit of support for the Alfa's. I was expecting an ambush.

Anyway, I am going to have a look at some other car manufacturers tomorrow and will report back.

Alfas are 'cool' if you're a woman. Also, if it's Italian, it's likely to fall to bits.

Do you think? ha ha. Each to their own I suppose. They're just a bit different to similar cars in the category. Makes them stand out to me. I also have never seen a woman driving one :lol: .

Well I've only seen women and one very effeminate man driving Alfas :lol:

Alfas are 'cool' if you're a woman. Also, if it's Italian, it's likely to fall to bits.

Do you think? ha ha. Each to their own I suppose. They're just a bit different to similar cars in the category. Makes them stand out to me. I also have never seen a woman driving one :lol: .

I'm as tough as old boots me.

Even if I have got a fashion degree... :oops:

I'd love a Giulietta too. Lovely cars.

This is off topic as they're no good for a first car, but a mate of mine has just got a second hand Alfa Brera S. It's gorgeous.

That way every time you close the door you can crack the "sounds just like a golf" gag

My dad does that EVERY time I give him a lift anywhere in mine.

It's not only embarrassing, but doesn't even make sense because it IS a golf.

Having owned a few VWs, Audis and SEATs, I'd say the VWs are actually slightly better quality than Audi, even though the image is the other way round. The A3, Golf and Leon are all the same chassis. The SEAT has the slightly lower quality interior, but all VAG cars use the same parts.

If you want something slightly bigger, the SEAT Exeo is a fabulous car for the money. It's an previous model A4 for a lower price but sportier looks , handling and interior.

How does the TG saying go - "youre not a real petrol head till youve owned an Alfa' not exactly the endorsement for an effeminate car.

How does the TG saying go - "youre not a real petrol head till youve owned an Alfa' not exactly the endorsement for an effeminate car.

Alfas are for hairdressers. Surely a real 'petrol head' would want something like a Mustang or a Falcon with their 6 litre 351 Cleveland V8 engines? Maybe I just have high standards?

Alfas are for hairdressers. Surely a real 'petrol head' would want something like a Mustang or a Falcon with their 6 litre 351 Cleveland V8 engines? Maybe I just have high standards?

Or maybe you dont know the history of Alfa.

xb_falcon1.jpg

There you go, a proper car.

Even the V8 version only had a top speed of 122 mph and 0-60 in over 11 seconds.

My Giulietta with a 1.4l engine will do 135 mph and 0-60 in 7.8 seconds.

Lucky this car's got a nice arse cos that's all you'd see :wave:;)

Alfa-Giulietta-2_1537456c.jpg

Giulietta, it even has a girl's name!

The 1974 Falcon GT Hardtop does upto 132mph actually, 0-60 in 6.3 seconds with its 4 gears!

Nice arse? looks like a Peugeot 206!

Sorry my bad. Chose a mid spec model to match that mine's a mid-spec model too.

If we're comparing top of the range I'll leave you with

100 kmh in third gear? Go on then. Don't mind if I do.

Not bad for a 1.75l engine. You'd be spending more time at the petrol station than on the road in that tarted up Cortina ;)

Sorry my bad. Chose a mid spec model to match that mine's a mid-spec model too.

If we're comparing top of the range I'll leave you with

100 kmh in third gear? Go on then. Don't mind if I do.

Not bad for a 1.75l engine. You'd be spending more time at the petrol station than on the road in that tarted up Cortina ;)

True it only does 11-16 MPG :P

250bhp? Is that a Flymo engine? Even Eric Bana got 600 out of his XB Falcon!

Anyway, what would you kids know, you're probably all impressed by gul-wing doors and neon underglows :winkold:

Who brought the American cars to the thread? You should all be banned :winkold: .

Anyway, getting away from Alfa's and getting right back onto them, I'm liked what I saw in the 2009 147 model and at just over 5000 with 30,000 on the clock, well under my budget. Now off to have a look at the Audi A1/A3 again and to the Seat garage by popular demand.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â