Stan Petrov

LondonLax

This is without a doubt VT at its best

senario 1.

RDM looks to his left and sees SP doing everything humanly possible to deserve a shirt.

RDM looks to his right and sees the "efforts" of Gaby, Sinclair, Richards, Lescott & Bacuna.

realises that SP alone puts more effort and example that the glorious 5 combined, selection/Ship-out/bombSquad decision solved immediately

Senario 2

is there a need for S2?

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

That is clearly not the overall objective....that you pedal......The assessing of the fitness is merely a conduit to playing him in the first team.....and thats the risk that I allude to .....not the fitness assessment.

we disagree, fine.

but don't make out you don't understand my point .....when you simply don't agree with me, which is fine......you look at the here and now and I'm looking towards the future.

I never said I didn't understand your point. I said it didn't make sense.

It still doesn't.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I never said I didn't understand your point. I said it didn't make sense.

It still doesn't.

well it obviously does to me, and clearly not to you.....its called a difference of opinion Stevo

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Well here's now training with the first team. So I can only deduce that the feedback was good. 

It will be interesting to find out the general consensus from BMH.....Fingers crossed.

9 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Petrov back in a Villa shirt, captaining us back to the Premier League.

Now that's a movie script right there.

Which we could probably sell in China as they have the largest growing movie/cinema scene in the world! ;)B)

On 24/06/2016 at 14:44, Grasshopper said:

This is without a doubt VT at its best

senario 1.

RDM looks to his left and sees SP doing everything humanly possible to deserve a shirt.

RDM looks to his right and sees the "efforts" of Gaby, Sinclair, Richards, Lescott & Bacuna.

realises that SP alone puts more effort and example that the glorious 5 combined, selection/Ship-out/bombSquad decision solved immediately

Senario 2

is there a need for S2?

Scenario 2:

RDM accidentally clicks his neck when he looks to the left and needs to go to a chiropractor. :detect:

Every player who packed it in early last season should be embarrassed when they look at what Stan has gone through and what it means for him to wear the claret and blue. He didn't go back to Celtic, by the way.

I hope he makes the team.

Footballers. Most of them make me go "meh!".

But seriously. if only half of our squad had half the determination and courage of this guy, we'd have beaten Leicester to the title by a country mile.  The fact he's managed to  make it to training, at his age, after that illness, 4y after retirement, well, even if he never get's a game, he'll still be an inspiration to those that do.  And that's a captain right there.

• Like 3

Jesus, can you believe the reaction from 99.9% of the fans if the club refused to let Petrov even try? It's a no-brainier and as Ben said countless times, absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. I just want him around the players. If he can instill even half the workrate and determination in them that he possesses, it'll be worth it.

To not let him train would be utterly ridiculous and we'd miss out on an amazing no-risk opportunity. I've read some twaddle in my years on this forum but I think being against an inspiration and club legend as Stan training with us and having a shot at a contract takes first place.

Edited by Ginko

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

TRO will be fuming ;)

delighted if it works....Genuinely.

I have already said what i think will happen.....but i have no idea of his condition.

hope i am wrong in my thoughts.

Even if he never plays a single minute for us, having him on board is still a massive plus. There's more to this than the effect he can have on the field personally. It's just as much about what he can do in the dressing room. Him just being here is a boost - he's got more leadership and determination than the entire squad put together.

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Even if he never plays a single minute for us, having him on board is still a massive plus. There's more to this than the effect he can have on the field personally. It's just as much about what he can do in the dressing room. Him just being here is a boost - he's got more leadership and determination than the entire squad put together.

But wasn't he doing that as a coach?

look I hope your right....I'm just dubious......but never the less hopeful you are right.

I understand that if we are to change the culture.....He will be an example of what we want to change it to.

Edited by TRO

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â