Stan Petrov

LondonLax

Actually does Petrovs health and strength give him a better chance of surviving. This is because a young and strong body can take more/stronger/harder chemotherapy treatment than someone who is not so strong and this will help the body to remove the false cells faster and keeping them from starting to reproduce again. The reason that a person gets so sick and weak during chemotherapy is that the chemo does not only kill the bad cells but also the good cells that the body needs.

Myself i will if all goes well be finished with all my chemo December 19th.

Actually does Petrovs health and strength give him a better chance of surviving. This is because a young and strong body can take more/stronger/harder chemotherapy treatment than someone who is not so strong and this will help the body to remove the false cells faster and keeping them from starting to reproduce again. The reason that a person gets so sick and weak during chemotherapy is that the chemo does not only kill the bad cells but also the good cells that the body needs.

Good luck mate :thumb:

This news has got me so down.

For some reason, the news that he's definitely retiring has made it even worse. Not because we're losing a player, that doesnlt matter.

But because this guy is 32 and could have had 6 or 7 years of his career left and he's had to bin it all because of this shit disease.

Football doesn't matter. It's all about Petrov and his recovery, and even though I've already contributed to this thread, I hope so so much he beats it completely. Everyone says he's a true gent and he in no way deserves this as the end to his career.

Beat it Stan. And come back, just for one game. You shouldn't have to end your career like this. You deserve better.

Thoughts are with you, and we'll miss you.

I hope the club keep him on in some capacity when he gets through this. If there's nothing he could do then make a role for him. He deserves it.

We should retire the number 19 as well.

This news has got me so down.

For some reason, the news that he's definitely retiring has made it even worse. Not because we're losing a player, that doesnlt matter.

But because this guy is 32 and could have had 6 or 7 years of his career left and he's had to bin it all because of this shit disease.

Football doesn't matter. It's all about Petrov and his recovery, and even though I've already contributed to this thread, I hope so so much he beats it completely. Everyone says he's a true gent and he in no way deserves this as the end to his career.

Beat it Stan. And come back, just for one game. You shouldn't have to end your career like this. You deserve better.

Thoughts are with you, and we'll miss you.

Agreed. I don't even care about us losing one of our best players right now, it's the fact that his career has been cut short by this that saddens me. Nobody deserves this, but of all our players at the club he's the last person that deserves it.

Stan should be honoured by the club with the retirement of the number 19 shirt. It's an unfashionable number but Stan's worn it with pride and made it worth something. I've enjoyed watching our number 19 giving 100% in our midfield over the last few seasons.

Steady on, I want him to wear that shirt again

Can understand vb's sentiments but I'm with bicks I want to see him in that shirt again.

Agreed.

I also would really like to see a fit and well Stan back in the no. 19 shirt with the captains armband. Realistically that's not going to happen.

The fact that Stan is very fit helps him and possibly means that after approx six months heavy chemotherapy he may well be heading for remission, by that time he will be slowly rehabilitating. Having a relative with the same illness I have seen that it is a long, painful and exhausting process.

Stan will be 33 years old in three months time, so his career is sadly over unless there's been an incorrect diagnosis.

VB, you seem all set to bury the poor bloke, talk of retiring his shirt number, saying his time at Villa is over.

Regardless of your own experiences with this illness, all cases are different and should be treated as separate.

Sorry if I sounded negative.

I love Stan to bits because he embodies all that is best about a true Villan, and I would love to see him fully recovered and involved in the Villa coaching set up at some stage in the future. His character and personality would be just what we need. My comments were simply based on his chances of playing Premiership football again.

For me number 19 is Stan, and he should never be replaced.

It would be a fitting tribute to retire his number should he lose his fight against leukaemia but in the meantime I think we should support him as much as we can and urge the press to respect his and his family's privacy.

Have to say there are some lovely heartfelt posts on this thread and its great to see so much well deserved love and respect for such a great man.

I have a feeling today is going to be quite emotional at Villa Park. Lets do him proud guys and gals. He has never given less than 100% in our great shirt and he now deserves nothing less than us all giving 100% in showing him how much he means to us.

It would be a fitting tribute to retire his number should he lose his fight against leukaemia but in the meantime I think we should support him as much as we can and urge the press to respect his and his family's privacy.

We are his family.

From what I gather from reading his health and fitness may give him a better chance, but it seems to me like it's a roll of the dice almost. It all seems to come down to how each individual person reacts to chemo and what other illnesses it brings on when the immune system and white blood cells are lowered.. He has every chance but his form of leukemia has like a 30% survival rate in those over 30.

As for you mate, I wish you all the best of luck. Not that you'll need it, you seem like you're strong and handling it well.. I think overall positivity is the strongest weapon against any illness including cancer.

I say that if Stan loses his fight with lukemia then we retire the number 19 shirt, in the meantime,while he is still fighting it the number 19 shirt stays ........ It"s his shirt.

Get well Stan, supporters from all over the globe are behind you mate

When the going get"s tough

The tough get going

We are his family.

:thumb:

i have to say, i like the sentiment, but no we are not.

Having known about this for nearly 24 hours it has only just hit me. I'm crying.

**** sake. Worst year in football I've ever known and this just caps it all off.

Christ. Get better Stan, will ya? Please?

With you mate, **** knocked me for six, feel awful and flat.

This is the worst time as a Villan I can recall and I was there home and away in 87. This has just made things far far worse.

Though I have not always been your biggest fan from a footballing perspective, your wonder goal at Derby (I was there) in the 6-0 victory will be long, long cherished and for that reason alone, you have a place in my Villa Legend memory box.

Aside from football, although I do not know you, I feel I have to say that I am very shocked at the diagnosis and to hear that you are ill and have been playing for our great club while feeling the effects of that undiganosed illness. For that you have my greatest respect and I am sure that everyone involved with the club and the wider footballing community will support you though this troubling time. We all hope that you continue your good fight off the pitch and prove yourself a winner... for your family, yourself and for the club.

Godspeed your recovry Stils...

All the very best mate!

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â