Steam

PussEKatt

Some decent deals on this weekend. Just picked up FTL for £3.49 and World of Goo for £1.74. The original Half-Life is £1.49 too if anyone hasn't played it.

Just had a blast on FTL, it's a lot of fun, but I am terrible at strategy and resource management games. It is supposed to be pretty hard though from what I've read.

FTL is very hard. I've only been to the end twice, on easy, and failed miserably both times. Great game though.

Some decent deals on this weekend. Just picked up FTL for £3.49 and World of Goo for £1.74. The original Half-Life is £1.49 too if anyone hasn't played it.

Just had a blast on FTL, it's a lot of fun, but I am terrible at strategy and resource management games. It is supposed to be pretty hard though from what I've read.

FTL was my favourite game of 2012. I put 40 hours into it I think. It is difficult, but dying is part of the fun. I'd strongly suggest you play on easy mode though. In that game easy is hard and normal is very hard.

Been playing some more FTL and I am just not getting any better!

I can barely make it into the third different system before the fates conspire against me and I'm destroyed. I haven't been able to unlock any of the other ships yet. I also got a bug on one play through where even though I had no hull breaches, external doors open and my Oxygen systems were fully operational, my O2 levels just kept depleting until all my crew died.

I try and improve my ship early on but it just seems that I run into trouble wherever I go. Nine times out of ten a distress call is someone getting me into a trap and then when I manage to get away either by destroying their ship, beating them into submission or managing to jump away in time, the next thing I run into is another battle and I get wiped out!

Don't get me wrong, it's a great game and a lot of fun, but I'm playing on Easy for Christ's sake and I can barely make any progress!

Edited by Ginko

• 1 month later...

Legend of Grimrock, Binding of Isaac, Hotline Miami, Super Meat Boy, Recettear - an item shop's tale, FTL, Limbo, Trine 2, Awesomenauts, 

Edited by nobler

I'd agree with most of those, though Trine 2 has a low framerate on my system for some reason, and a good framerate is pretty important for a platformer. It put me right off, which is a shame because the first Trine ran smooth as silk. I don't have a terribly pathetic laptop either, 6GB RAM, 2.20GHz Intel i7 processor and an NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M graphics card - though I hadn't updated my drivers back when I last tried playing it, so I guess it might have something to do with it.

Every other game I've played on the laptop, many of them requiring more effort to run, runs smoothly and without any issues, but Trine 2 always seems to be really slow. I assumed it was just the game.

Edited by Ginko

• 3 months later...

Well, I'll be buggered if I can figure it out.

Been trying to get FM2013 to work through this for the last couple of hours - had to uninstall it to install it and change some system settings before it would let me on and when I finally did get everything installed and an account set up, I click play on the game and absolutely nothing happens at all.

If I click play again (even if I give it ten minutes) it says it can't play the game as the app is already running. It's like the game is playing somewhere I can't see it. 

Anyone got any tips?

OSX 10.5.8

I've had a look at some forums and it seems it's a pretty common issue, which no one seems to know how to fix.

I'll try re-installing everything again - failing that, anyone want a copy of FM2013? Fresh out of the cellophane today.

Edit: Aaaand it looks like the reason is that it doesn't run on 10.5 - windows systems supported back 13 years, Mac OSX supported back to 6 years. Arse.

Looks like it, their customer service guys have been telling people it starts this afternoon.

I've not even installed some of the games I bought in last year's summer sale, but my wishlist is full, and my wallet is ready.

Some good deals for Day1,

I've picked up Hotline Miami (£1.74?! Madness!).

Call of Juarez Gunslinger is fantastic. It's a pretty short campaign, only 5-6 hours, but it's done excellently, it's the game I've enjoyed most this year. the combat is ridiculously fun, combos are so fun to pull off, and with the challenge modes there's a good amount of replayability beyond just the story mode.

Don't Starve is one that I'm kind of interested in. Maybe I'm too greedy but 20% isn't really enough for me to go for it with the backlog I have from the old sales.

You can get Bioshock Infinite for £12 on GreenManGaming with discount code (GMG20-F202F-UI40F), and it activates on Steam, so don't bother with the Steam sale.

P.S., if everyone could vote for Dishonored for the next Flash sale, that'd be excellent.

Edited by Davkaus

Don't Starve is one that I'm kind of interested in. Maybe I'm too greedy but 20% isn't really enough for me to go for it with the backlog I have from the old sales.

It's 40% off now. Very good game, also very different from any other game I've played.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â