Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

The premier league will find a solution that prevents City's future domination of the league - an entertaining product is what they need and that cannot be so when one team has a disproportionately unfair advantage.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Still free to complain about it. 

Sure thing. You can complain about anything. 

But he can sign a new contract with Wolves anytime he wants. Play a comfy 45 games a season and still get 80k a week. 

Or, he can play an extra 10-15 games at the highest level and make 4x as much. 

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Or maybe a better example is a rock star complaining about doing another world tour and playing in a different city every night.

No one makes you record another album. You can call it a day anytime your contract expires.

Or do a comeback tour and design a crap football shirt

21 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Aren't salary caps essentially illegal? Pretty sure i've read that somewhere.

No idea how fining the richest club in the world would stunt any type of growth tbh.

In isolation no but a transfer ban and salary cap (I don’t know if it’s legal either) would.

if you can’t buy players….

or you can’t pay free transfers big money….

What do you do? Keep playing Kyle Walker and Kevin deBruyne?

17 hours ago, JPJCB said:

That would force the big clubs to actually rotate their squads which should in principle make the game more even at the margin 

It would stretch the advantage even further imo. The “big”

clubs would have bigger better squad and so the backup players would still be better than those of smaller clubs 

I want the entertainment of wondering if City can survive relegation going right to the end of the season. -45 points a year for 3 seasons would make it an exciting sideshow for the rest of the league.

I really think that this has already been sorted with a "punishment" that suits both parties but because its such a big story they don't want to let on that it was resolved before the hearing started so they are all just sitting in a big room drinking tea and eating hobnobs for 7 hours a day for the next 6 weeks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It would stretch the advantage even further imo. The “big”

clubs would have bigger better squad and so the backup players would still be better than those of smaller clubs 

Not if you set the limit such that only the clubs playing in Europe and progressing deep into cup competitions were likely to have the limit bite on them 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â