Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nope, but the other golden geese might not mind it having its wings clipped.

We’re lucky its not one of the traditional power houses. Do city have the global fanbase of a united or a liverpool yet? 

Maybe so for the youngsters. Are they too big to take down meaningfully? 

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I genuinely think 30 points per season for the next ten seasons is fair.

Not 30 points divided by those seasons, starting every season on -30 points.

It obviously won't be anything like that. My guess, transfer ban for two windows, big fine, 30 point deduction starting next season. That will probably be reduced to 20 point deduction after appeal. 

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It obviously won't be anything like that. My guess, transfer ban for two windows, big fine, 30 point deduction starting next season. That will probably be reduced to 20 point deduction after appeal. 

agree on the first two points but not the points deduction, the fine will be monstrous too, £100m+

I don't think they'll get one personally and if they do then it will be something that might lead to them losing the title race this year but slipping from 1st to 2nd only, 30 points would put them 5th most years*

also don't think they'll be relegated or get stripped of existing titles

* and of course if they finish 5th then England will get the extra CL spot this year

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

I wonder if City will be forced into some sort of apology for cheating/blocking investigations. That could also be fun.🤩 

No chance, they will fight everything tooth and nail and claim they were defending their reputation.

Rodri complaining that players are close to going on strike due to the amount of games they play.

Will he volunteer a pay cut go play less games? 

City players must be up there with the best of the best when it comes to comfort levels when travelling to games. Same for wages. 

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rodri complaining that players are close to going on strike due to the amount of games they play.

Will he volunteer a pay cut go play less games? 

City players must be up there with the best of the best when it comes to comfort levels when travelling to games. Same for wages. 

Oh Rodri.... do **** off.

• Like 2

What I didn't realise that the hearing about the cheating man 115y court case is being carried out in private and that the final report at the end of the case may not even be released to the media.

If this were true, then they are going to get let off and all charges dropped.

Brown envelopes and bribes all round then....

Five year transfer ban would do it. Who would they have left after that is finished?

no walker, gundogan, KDB, and half of the rest over 33 years old. 

they’d have to just go with players they sign under 18 which are free transfers.

then reset their FFP to -£119m so they have to make a profit over three years to even spend money. 

22 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Talk that if it goes badly with them, they'll throw the execs under the bus to save the Sheikh's reputation and dump the club off to new buyers.

I think if there's a guilty verdict, then for the good of the game it has to come with a ruling that the current ownership can no longer be involved in football.

thats an interesting thought which i've not seen discussed 

forget transfer bans, points deductions, relegations, titles stripped etc etc what if they banned the city hierarchy from football? or outright forced them to sell?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

thats an interesting thought which i've not seen discussed 

forget transfer bans, points deductions, relegations, titles stripped etc etc what if they banned the city hierarchy from football? or outright forced them to sell?

I’m not sure Abramovich was forced to sell and that created the current Chelsea farce.

Transfer ban, salary cap and a big fine will stunt further growth until the playing field has been levelled imo.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â