Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

2 hours ago, Hobsons Choice said:

In fairness the Premier League would miss the additional interest from overseas fans they bring to the league. It is not in their short term interest to punish them too harshly. Imo a lenient punishment would however cause irreparable long term damage to the cash cow that is the PL. They won't be thinking in those terms though. 

Would they? City except the weird online bots don't seem to have gained United/Liverpool levels of fandom

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

City still don’t sell out for CL games against unglamorous sides

As in inter Milan ? That's a good tie

No doubt protesting against UEFA still... 

Would say why don't they do things like make ST holders take the games but I'm not sure what ST sales are like or sell them in 4 game bundles but I'm not sure if they want day trippers, I know a few people from kiddy who've been there for a CL game, zero interest in city never going to be a city fan but a chance to watch a CL game Vs a decent team 

Sad state of it

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

The PL won't be the ones deciding the punishment, it's will be the independent panel that are reviewing the charges.

I suppose that man 115y have already ordered an extra box of brown envelopes to stuff cash into, to bribe this independent panel for a "suitable outcome" to these charges

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've long been a big fan of the punishment running over a number of seasons to recognise the offences running over a number of seasons.

30 points a season for 10 seasons seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I would like 100 points a season for ten season. Make their entire existence pointless as they take a full decade to plummet down the leagues in unstoppable fashion, with hundreds of clubs getting the chance to put the boot in as they go down. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've long been a big fan of the punishment running over a number of seasons to recognise the offences running over a number of seasons.

30 points a season for 10 seasons seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Wouldn’t mind that.

they would still be in the European spots at first, but the level of players they can attract will drop. Haaland is not staying just to get into the Europa league or with some luck in the CL. 
Lower quality players, so after a few seasons they’re a mid table team at best or battling relegation. A slow and painful demise for them and their supporters.

My problem with the punishment over several seasons is that it could be done to make it look worse than it actually is

Say 25 points, sounds a lot, 5 years 5 points

The last 4 years they'd have still won 2 titles 

I'd prefer one big punishment where their CL status was in trouble, 25 points in one season, they'd have finished 5th last year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

My problem with the punishment over several seasons is that it could be done to make it look worse than it actually is

I'd prefer one big punishment where their CL status was in trouble, 25 points in one season, they'd have finished 5th last year

I genuinely think 30 points per season for the next ten seasons is fair.

Not 30 points divided by those seasons, starting every season on -30 points.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I genuinely think 30 points per season for the next ten seasons is fair.

Not 30 points divided by those seasons, starting every season on -30 points.

They'd still be in court in 10 years time

That's my main concern, the PL will find them guilty but then give them a punishment that city either don't appeal or they leave a low hanging fruit for city to get overturned on appeal, either way they'll try and end it quick 

-30 points for 10 years would take several years getting kicked through various different courts, it would never end 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They'd still be in court in 10 years time

That's my main concern, the PL will find them guilty but then give them a punishment that city either don't appeal or they leave a low hanging fruit for city to get overturned on appeal, either way they'll try and end it quick 

-30 points for 10 years would take several years getting kicked through various different courts, it would never end 

They can't take it to courts - it can't be appealed to CAS, that's the nature of the independent tribunal - they can only ask for a second independent tribunal with the same people who are doing this one.

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

yeah of course, I'm surprised that there isn't some sort of guideline for each breach of the rules, like last week we submitted our info late to UEFA so we got a £20k (?) fine, man city submitted info late, didn't submit info, pre set punishment, submitted incorrect info pre set punishment, submitted false info pre set punishment

the difficulty here is they're going to have to judge each item on its own merit and then stack those punishments cumulatively 

from the 115 charges - 54 charges of failing to provide accurate info, 14 charges of failing to provide accurate details for player manager payments, 5 charges for failing to comply with UEFA's rules, 7 charges for failing the PL's rules, 35 charges for failing to co-operate

so only 7 of them are actually related to breaking the PL rules (+ the 5 for UEFA) the rest are all based around information disclosure - i wouldn't be surprised if the information disclosure came with a fine - what I don't know is if the information still hasn't been provided and the case will force city to provide it which would lead to more charges

they could be found guilty of 103 things and get a fine...

It's astonishing that people still say "they've broke the rules 115 times!" despite this having been in the makings for years and the type of charges being openly available to view (as you've stated).

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's more than 115 now. They added another 15-20.

like I said that's one of the things that I cant see, where they are being charged with not disclosing information, have they done it now or are they still refusing? is part of the point of this case to make them actually issue all outstanding info or have they already done it

because the charge of failing to provide info on player and manager payments could open a can of worms, that's the stuff that's related to off the books payments to mancini

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Make it 45 and put some risk on them surviving relegation. 

• Like 1

Ban them from getting a European place for the same amount of time the cheating has gone on for.

Transfer bans and future titles would be inconsequential then. None of the top players would want to join, all the good players would leave for other clubs, and suddenly they don't make as much in prize money and sponsorship. Then in the future they'd have fallen behind everyone else with ambition and they'd be at the best a lower league Prem team with a half empty ground. Nobody with ambition would want to join them.

At the same time though, PSR needs to be looked at. Who can now compete long term with the powerhouse clubs across Europe? They've got such an advantage. Could you imagine what Unai could so with Chelsea's squad and money? Look at Bayern, who nobody in Germany can really compete with long term as they just sign all the best players in the league. Barca should be a basket case given their financial issues yet they're still signing top players and are undefeated this season. They're all too big to fail under the current rules.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â