Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 25/08/2024 at 20:32, Chindie said:

Effectively yes.

A lot of clubs are doing things to get around the 'sporting rules', things like selling club assets to associated companies. Everyone knows this is a game and it's obviously not what the rules intend, but it's not illegal and it doesn't break the rules (yet).

Citeh are alleged to have literally cooked the books, stuff that any business doing it would get done for. In doing so they've almost certainly broken some sporting rules as well.

It's also worth noting the scale of it. They're alleged to have been acting outside the law and rules for years. And those years of rule breaking essentially established them as a dominant force in English and arguably global football. 

They've allegedly broken the law and done very well out of it. They need to be destroyed.

I wholeheartedly support this concept…

Eradicate the club and their fans like the viruses they are!

On 25/08/2024 at 17:21, pas5898 said:

My brother in law, a lawyer described it this way, which even a dummy like me can understand. 

What Chelsea do, is find legal loopholes and exploit them. They get closed and they moved onto the next. Every high net worth business and individual does it with their taxes. In the case of HMRC you might get a bill and a letter. 

What Man City have allegedly done is completely lie on their incomings, outgoings and completely cooked the books. If it was HMRC you go to prison. 

This. Chelsea have been exploiting loopholes for years. Happens in alsorts of sports. F1 design their cars based on loopholes and interpreting the rules that are brought out each year etc. Citeh have a lot of charges against them and there's a lot of investigating that'll need to be done to find out exactly what's been going on.

As much as I’m inclined to agree they’ll probably get away with it somehow, I think it’s worth acknowledging the PL has now spent a huge amount of time and money pursuing this case, and Man City have made it difficult for them at every step, I can’t see those involved reaching the end and then being keen to just let them off lightly.

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

12/1 to be relegated now, disappointing that the odds are still that big but it probably is reflective of the possibility at the moment. 

Unrelated but Villa are bigger odds than Man Utd to be relegated now, when is the last time that was the case.

tbf if we beat Everton we'll be a quarter of the way to safety already. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

12/1 to be relegated now, disappointing that the odds are still that big but it probably is reflective of the possibility at the moment. 

Unrelated but Villa are bigger odds than Man Utd to be relegated now, when is the last time that was the case.

That's just this season though. The possibility that the decision could drag on longer or the punishment deferred is baked into the odds.

35 minutes ago, jamdog said:

That's just this season though. The possibility that the decision could drag on longer or the punishment deferred is baked into the odds.

Yeah I thought of that, they could appeal any relegation this year or the case could drag out more than one season.

I just want to see them down in League 2.

7 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Yeah I thought of that, they could appeal any relegation this year or the case could drag out more than one season.

I just want to see them down in League 2.

Absolutely. Natural justice would see them stripped of their titles over that period too. Always liked City and their fans but they've blatantly cheated here. They seem extremely confident. The only thing they think they may have trouble with are the non-compliance charges - the relatively minor ones. Maybe they're right but if this were us I'd be very worried. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamdog said:

Absolutely. Natural justice would see them stripped of their titles over that period too. Always liked City and their fans but they've blatantly cheated here. They seem extremely confident. The only thing they think they may have trouble with are the non-compliance charges - the relatively minor ones. Maybe they're right but if this were us I'd be very worried. 

I just want all those glory hunter kids living in the Midlands wearing Man City kits to suffer footballing reality.

They are this generations Man United, I can't wait for their downfall.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jamdog said:

. Natural justice would see them stripped of their titles over that period too. 

Would they be retrospectively handed to teams finishing below them? Can’t really see how stripping them of titles would make any difference personally.

They’ll get a fine and suspended sentence and laugh at us all. 

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Can’t really see how stripping them of titles would make any difference personally.

An empty honours list and fans having "I was there when we won.." shut down with "that one didn't count, did it?" Is well worth removing their titles for.

I believe the convention when it's happened in other countries to is to award that year's title to nobody rather than the next team down

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

An empty honours list and fans having "I was there when we won.." shut down with "that one didn't count, did it?" Is well worth removing their titles for.

I believe the convention when it's happened in other countries to is to award that year's title to nobody rather than the next team down

I would need that last bit confirmed 100% beforehand. Can't be giving Liverpool any titles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would need that last bit confirmed 100% beforehand. Can't be giving Liverpool any titles.

what difference would it make though? can't see liverpool having an open top bus parade for it or a presentation on the pitch

my guess...they will get just enough of a points deduction to essentially expel them from the CL for a season but not enough to relegate them

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s the lesser of 2 evils

I'm not sure really. I don't care that City have titles. Even better if we can put an asterisk beside them. But I do care very much about Liverpool having titles. So for me the lesser is City keeping them.

• Like 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

what difference would it make though?

It adds to Liverpool's honours. Their history. That's the difference. I'd rather it didn't.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â