Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

depends what the line is dividing

if its "the rules are shit" then I very much expect us to be on the same side as them and its the right side to be on, if its "man city are the bad men ruining football" then we wont

Agreed, we can both be on the side of theirs that says the rules are crap, and the side that says, however, you broke them when everyone else complied with them so punishments must be forthcoming.

I think they're mutually exclusive in a sporting sense, but whether NSWE are willing to side that way in a vote and risk the financial issues it causes them outside of football who knows.

• Like 1

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I really hope when the lines get divided we dont side with City as apparently we have a good relationship with them

I think it’s more so we’d like the ffp shackles to be removed same as city do. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't be at all surprised if our hands aren't completely clean with this sort of stuff.

In fact I'd be far more surprised if they were

I know people like to believe their football club is perfect and can't do anything wrong. But we've got a lot of money and we want to spend it. At the very least we're almost certainly bending the rules.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if our hands aren't completely clean with this sort of stuff.

I know people like to believe their football club is perfect and can't do anything wrong. But we've got a lot of money and we want to spend it. At the very least we're almost certainly bending the rules.

I don't think we've paid managers and players off the books. I dont think we've lied about where our money comes from. I don't think we've exaggerated sponsorship deals with related parties beyond what was considered reasonable at the time. 

Yes, we've agreed some mutually beneficial trades of players at roughly market value, which feels a little dirty, but it requires an independent party to agree to it. Most of City's wrongdoings are those alone.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I don't think we've paid managers and players off the books. I dont think we've lied about where our money comes from. I don't think we've exaggerated sponsorship deals with related parties beyond what was considered reasonable at the time. 

I wasn't in any way comparing anything we may or may not have done with anything Man City have done

7 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Yes, we've agreed some mutually beneficial trades of players at roughly market value, which feels a little dirty, but it requires an independent party to agree to it. 

That we know about

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Bending and breaking are different.  Also, we're completley hamstrung by these rules that Man City have so clearly flouted at the moment.

51 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Bending and breaking are different.  Also, we're completley hamstrung by these rules that Man City have so clearly flouted at the moment.

I agree. But I said at least bending

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’d be surprised if the majority of premier league clubs aren’t bending the rules. 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’d be surprised if the majority of premier league clubs aren’t bending the rules. 

I'd be surprised if clubs outright didn't employ people from a legal / accountancy background in some sort of compliance role 

Man city used to employ 2 of the guys who wrote the original FFP rules 

• Like 1

to be fair thats a fun one for moaning about in the future, an official asian dairy partner, not sure if its up there with official bed and pillow partner or nigerian fruit juice partner but its a good one

yili-launch-image_1920x1080.jpg?width=1620

the part time footballer making an appearance too

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

to be fair thats a fun one for moaning about in the future, an official asian dairy partner, not sure if its up there with official bed and pillow partner or nigerian fruit juice partner but its a good one

Jack loves milking it 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I wonder who owns Yili? 

I mean after the layers of corporate shadows are removed. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I wonder who owns Yili? 

I mean after the layers of corporate shadows are removed. 

Doesn't look like the city Chinese investors but with china who knows 

That's part of the thing with FFP and the top 6, once you remove all the cheating and the shady goings on you're still left with the laughable official partners that they're able to pull in around the world

Villa can't get themselves a milk partner, doesn't matter how well run we are

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

I mean nothing clubs like United haven't been doing for years. 

Dwight-York-on-a-tractor-1020x720.jpg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I mean nothing clubs like United haven't been doing for years. 

Dwight-York-on-a-tractor-1020x720.jpg

yeah definitely, the bed and pillow partner and nigerian orange juice partner were both utd, im sure that above was an official japanese diesel tractor engine partner, said many times before FFP might not have been the brain child of david gill but it was definitely him who championed and sold it, he also just so happened to be an executive at utd who had the highest revenue in global football at the time, its amazing it got voted through

i just like how they're getting more weird and wonderful

city's milk partner is merely a continuation of football prostituting itself out 

On 15/08/2024 at 20:15, Wainy316 said:

Yep, when Man City were in our position they just broke the rules every year for 15 years, so now they're an all-powerful financial juggernaut. If we were allowed to ignore the rules for 15 years we'd probably win the PL a few times as well.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â