Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think the legal action Man City brought against the PL recently was to lay the groundwork for that

It may also see the end of PSR too as City are right, it is a restraint of trade as a business owner. 

Essentially every comment in this thread starts from the premise that they're guilty, and that the only question is whether the league is brave enough to punish them and to what extent they will do so.

That may not be what the judgement finds. It seems very unlikely it will find them to have broken the rules on all 115 charges. 

• Like 1

The FA cannot be seen to be letting City off with anything other than a huge fine and a massive points reduction. Everton and Forest have already had points deductions for breaching 1 rule. If City get away with minor sanctions then the FA open themselves up to massive legal battles with both of the clubs already sanctioned, as well as pretty much ending PSR as an enforceable rule.

• Like 1

Is a transfer ban even that big of a deal for a club like Man City in the world of FFP? If they for example had a transfer ban for 2-3 years (seems unlikely but let's just roll with it), wouldn't it essentially mean they could spend an absolute fortune once the ban is lifted? 

3 hours ago, John said:

I predict a fine of One Million Dollars GIFs | Tenor and a 12-point deduction, both of which will be cut in half on appeal. 

I think if that were to happen, and sadly I think it will be the case, then I am done with footy after this season...💔😖

• Sad 1

Big test this. If they get off, and Chelsea continues to stockpile players as they please, while well run clubs like Villa have to sell players and cut corners then this isn't really anything resembling a sport any more.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Oscar Bobb with a broken leg. Shame for him and for Norway. Hate to see young players injured like that.

He looks a very decent prospect so that’s a terrible blow for him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sne said:

Oscar Bobb with a broken leg. Shame for him and for Norway. Hate to see young players injured like that.

Yeah its like when Ben mee ruined Wesley's chance with us, except Bobb has some ability and skill. 

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Yeah its like when Ben mee ruined Wesley's chance with us, except Bobb has some ability and skill. 

Considering it was a non contact leg break its hard to see a comparison 😛

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hobsons Choice said:

My prediction?

Nothing will happen.

They've some of the best legal representatives in the world fighting for them (City that is) - And one of the first rules is drag it as long and slow as possible. The initial impact of what they've done dies down, and everyone talking about it now, it just becomes common rumours. Doubt is cast over everyone. Poor form, but is a legal tactic for things like this.

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I still think the legal action Man City brought against the PL recently was to lay the groundwork for that

100% - Whether MC legal action was warranted or not, the PL isn't run by masterminds, and for City  with that much money, and let's be fair, power and influence on the rest of the league (wrongly or rightly). Man City got a jab in the face, and then replied with a kick in the dick. Nobodies winning, but I know who's hurting the most.

10 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

i hope any fine has to be paid by Man City themselves and not by their owners. meaning that to operate under FSR they have to sell EVERYONE 

I never even considered this, nor the potential changes to business after. If the owners can't 'directly' pay any fee (which will be pennies anyway), I can't help but think there's another 100 loopholes lined up.

The PL need to make this count, BUT I expect the absolute worst from all this. I'm no fan of any other club, but the way Everton and Forest have been done, with reason, within rules, should be the lowest possible benchmark of what happens to City.

Unfortunately, I think the powers are gonna judge that 'they're too big to fail' and let the shit roll down hill

• Like 1

I suppose fining man c£ty will be very similar to fining a water company for polluting a river with sewage.

All that will happen is the water company will put up our bill's to pay the fine. Man c£ty will just pass on the cost of the fine.

Regarding the punishment I think it depends on how many brown envelopes containing sweeteners are passed around. I think they will get off very lightly, and the problem with that is it opens the door for every premier league team to emulate man c£ty and the PL will be powerless to prevent it.

Fines are not appropriate in my opinion in this case. Relegation to league 2, transfer ban for 5 years minimum and no sponsorship deals for 3 years.

Huge fine, bringing loads of much-needed extra money for the Premier League's coffers, that counts as an FFP loss so it also impacts (ha!) City's upcoming transfer windows - everyone's happy.

Everyone being City and the Premier League that is.

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I really hope when the lines get divided we dont side with City as apparently we have a good relationship with them

depends what the line is dividing

if its "the rules are shit" then I very much expect us to be on the same side as them and its the right side to be on, if its "man city are the bad men ruining football" then we wont

• Like 1

Still expect this to be decided above PL level. Any penalty that is deemed to stern and Abu Dhabi will threaten to pull investments from the UK and then people higher up will intervene and make sure the City owners are placated. 

Hope I'm wrong and they get obliterated by the PL.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â