Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

WWE who has a 10 year contract with Saudi Arabia, plus carry a lot of baggage with actions of the former owner among other things

Not to mention they have Trump in there Hall of Fame

This might be one of the lowest issues they have

Not surprising. Listened to a podcast with Ronda Rousey on it recently. She didn't any positive things to say about that organisation. I feel like Chelsea are always being revealed for finding loop holes in rules. These guys just bury it all between their various clubs.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched a bit of the game with Celtic.

It's really disheartening to see 95% of the US stadium with Man City Shirts on squealing every time Haaland touched the ball, and barely any Celtic fans, a truly historic and formerly world renowned club.

The plasticification of football is nearly complete.

• Sad 1

They've flipped another one of their south Americans 

Sarmiento, bought for £5m, loaned to Girona, loaned to their Uruguayan club (which I didn't even know they had) sold him to tigre

Never kicked a ball for them 

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've flipped another one of their south Americans 

Sarmiento, bought for £5m, loaned to Girona, loaned to their Uruguayan club (which I didn't even know they had) sold him to tigre

Never kicked a ball for them 

More than likely made a loss on him. Shocked if Tigre could even afford a fee

Couldn't find any news on their current case so had a look on their forum to see the feeling.

City are the most valued brand in the pl

:crylaugh:

What?!

Sports and brainwashed beyond belief.

If they disappeared tomorrow no one would care by the start of the season.

On 24/07/2024 at 14:16, pas5898 said:

Watched a bit of the game with Celtic.

It's really disheartening to see 95% of the US stadium with Man City Shirts on squealing every time Haaland touched the ball, and barely any Celtic fans, a truly historic and formerly world renowned club.

The plasticification of football is nearly complete.

95% of a stadium not even half full, when that same stadium sold out last year for Chelsea v. Wrexham.

City have an internet following, they don't draw like a team with 4 PLs on the bounce at home or abroad. Move them to Abu Dhabi.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

The fact it's been brought forward + Pep suddenly talking about potentially staying on after this year - indicates some sort of plea / settlement is likely. 

23 hours ago, villa89 said:

Prediction, big points deduction, transfer ban and fine announced. Appeal by city, 6 months later reduced to fine and minor points deduction.

Not good enough…

The club should be dissolved and anyone found guilty to supporting them or assisting them in their success since 2008 should be put to 115 years of hard labour in a North Korean style prison camp

• Like 1

On 13/08/2024 at 10:52, villa89 said:

Prediction, big points deduction, transfer ban and fine announced. Appeal by city, 6 months later reduced to fine and minor points deduction.

They’ll need to have a points deduction for each breach so they end up with a minus 500 or 600 points and therefore relegated. 

They should also get a hefty fine and transfer ban.

What to do about the trophies they won whilst cheating is tricky. They should be stripped of the lot but it’s messy and complicated so I wonder if they’ll decided to leave that alone.

Edited by Genie

24 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

My prediction?

Nothing will happen.

Money talks. Maximum punishment will be a short transfer ban, low 7 figure fine and max 15 point deduction. No relegation, no stripped titles.

It sickens me that they'll barely suffer any consequences. The game's gone.

On 13/08/2024 at 08:45, desensitized43 said:

The thing is, I'd have no problem with it taking time if I was confident they'd get a proper punishment at the end of it. 115 charges is a lot, and it must take time to do things properly and make sure it sticks.

But I have no faith that will happen

• Like 2

I genuinely think they'll reach some sort of financial settlement and that will be it.

I still think the legal action Man City brought against the PL recently was to lay the groundwork for that

• Like 1

You can't opine on 115 individual charges in a short space of time.

Unless Man City agree to then all in a plea deal with a fixed punishment, it should take ages. And if they come to the table with an offer,  the PL should reject it as its blatantly an admission of guilt and the punishment should be whatever the PL thinks it should be.

Destroying the competitiveness of the league for several seasons, winning by cheating... you can't sweep that away with a pat on the wrist and an irrelevant point deduction. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â