Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think the statues sum up City in general. They had legends before and Micah Richards but the 3 statues at the stadium are just players that played in the last decade. Feels really small time 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

I do think the statues sum up City in general. They had legends before and Micah Richards but the 3 statues at the stadium are just players that played in the last decade. Feels really small time 

This would have been a much better statue for them to have put up. 

16836b8f772468b188a1ebba68bb6e4d--the-goat-vacuums.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

For the daytrippers aren't they 

To be fair to city one thing I think they are doing well or at least better than most is they're trying to get fans in and around the stadium before the game with fan parks and entertainment etc the statues are part of that 

The old breed who think summerbee is the greatest city player ever are probably more like your typical football fan, don't give a shit about any of that, drink in their local and then get to the game 5 mins before kick off

City aren't aiming this at them and they're dying off, villa will be the same with our redevelopment, they want people there for half a day and not just every other Saturday 

On 11/05/2022 at 22:28, MWARLEY2 said:

Yep Boring. Boring kit, boring stadium boring players. Thats why Jack was bought by them to give a personality to the team. And still they are boring. A cottage pie of a football team . 

But cottage pie is a lot more tasty with an added splash of Henderson's Relish.

Not Jordan Henderson, obv. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently they've told Gundogan he's 'free to find another club'. Imagine just being able to cast off a player that good without even being arsed about trying to get a real fee or whatever.

Ridiculous. Doubt he'd join us or that we could afford his wages but he'd massively improve our midfield as he's a fantastic player and could play as a 6 or an 8.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Apparently they've told Gundogan he's 'free to find another club'. Imagine just being able to cast off a player that good without even being arsed about trying to get a real fee or whatever.

He was excellent last season. Have his performances dropped off?

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

They're lining up de Jong, maybe that's opportunistic rather than outright needing him 

Edit - not sure what they'll do with fernandinho, he's 37 

Edited by villa4europe

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Parting the sea for Haaland. Can see the ones who don't go warming the bench a bit more. Like why do they need Sterling now?

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're lining up de Jong, maybe that's opportunistic rather than outright needing him 

Edit - not sure what they'll do with fernandinho, he's 37 

Fernandinho is going back to Brazil 

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Parting the sea for Haaland. Can see the ones who don't go warming the bench a bit more. Like why do they need Sterling now?

Still think he'll be the marquee signing for Newcastle this summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Fernandinho is going back to Brazil 

37 and Brazilian? He'll end up at Villa Park surely?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/05/2022 at 14:18, May-Z said:

Rule number 1 of statue creation - Make it look like the **** person it's meant to be!

Reckon they keep working from the feet up and by the time they’ve made a mess of the face just think “nah **** it that’ll do, it is whoever I say it is.”

4 hours ago, Xela said:

His figures were insane last season, he was scoring nearly every other game in the run-in. I presume his performances have dropped off from that level, but he's still only 31.

Apparently Arsenal want him, I don't **** blame them.

• Like 1

Â