Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

Like great you win a title… but I mean it’s almost a given you’re going to win it regardless, then surely it gets a little stale and dull after. 

It's not a given though, they cant win the CL and liverpool either beat them to the title or push them close every season. 

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Surely being a Man City fan or player must feel a bit like playing FIFA or Football manager on cheat mode…. Not actually that fun or rewarding and gets boring quickly?

Like great you win a title… but I mean it’s almost a given you’re going to win it regardless, then surely it gets a little stale and dull after. 

I'm assuming you're kidding.  We can all say it's "boring" from a distance, but I think we'd probably be pretty happy spending loads of money on players, having one of the World's best managers in charge, winning the league consistently whilst having the CL as "the Holy Grail".

Villa being in that position would be utterly sensational.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm assuming you're kidding.  We can all say it's "boring" from a distance, but I think we'd probably be pretty happy spending loads of money on players, having one of the World's best managers in charge, winning the league consistently whilst having the CL as "the Holy Grail".

Yeah anyone saying that they would celebrate winning their 4th title in 5 seasons because its boring is lying to themselves 

Same with the suggestion that it's "only" a league title and they're not clean sweeping the cups too

Man City will still be like pigs in shit and so would we (apart from we'd obviously sell out our cup final allocations) 

4 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The statue was created by award-winning sculptor Andy Scott and has been constructed using thousands of welded pieces of galvanised steel.

Apparently this is the statue of Aguero scoring the goal that won them the league against QPR.

Yeah, I don't see it.

Bastian Schweinsteiger? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

City will win the title unless West Ham can beat them and we get a point against them or the other way around and next season they will be even stronger. Its really depressing for Premier League. Ok its a much better product than the 70s or 80s but at least it was a more level playing field then. The same team, winning the league season after season is boring and Grealish will get his medals but even for him it must be bittersweet as hes not playing a major role. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

10 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah anyone saying that they would celebrate winning their 4th title in 5 seasons because its boring is lying to themselves 

Same with the suggestion that it's "only" a league title and they're not clean sweeping the cups too

Man City will still be like pigs in shit and so would we (apart from we'd obviously sell out our cup final allocations) 

What I think we can do here, is look at the observable behaviour of actual Man City fans and assume that we would be basically exactly the same if we were in their position. And I think it's a touch of a mixed bag - on the one hand, the ones I see on social media are all extremely chuffed to be doing so well in the league, are loving the rivalry with Liverpool, and generally seem to be pretty excited about the PL and the CL. On the other hand, we can also see that they don't alwas sell out their stadium, and their fans have developed a rather sad habit of leaving cup finals early to beat the traffic.

So, my assumption is, we would be basically the same - loving the league, desperate to win the CL (if we hadn't already won of course) and bored by the FA Cup and especially League Cup.

On 11/05/2022 at 22:08, bobzy said:

94 league goals this season - apparently more than any other side in Europe's top leagues (thanks Sky).

But they "need a striker" :D 

Yeah it is very good but not quite:

Although with Haaland next season they could be breaking some goalscoring records. Hopefully not though!

• Like 2

On 13/05/2022 at 10:19, jacketspuds said:

The statue was created by award-winning sculptor Andy Scott and has been constructed using thousands of welded pieces of galvanised steel.

Apparently this is the statue of Aguero scoring the goal that won them the league against QPR.

Yeah, I don't see it.

It's clearly a statue of Kroos. 

• Haha 3

On 13/05/2022 at 10:13, bobzy said:

Of course we would. 

But we're not and won't be...because City and the rules stop anyone getting close to doing that in the future. 

As a Villa fan, who's team is not winning three trophies a year due to years of financial doping, it is boring. 

• Like 2

Â