Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Depends on the context. 3 or 4 years at a club like Man City would be unacceptable. 

3 or 4 years taking over a club like Arsenal or Fiorentina not so much.

But I doubt we'll ever see the latter, not for a long time anyway

He'd make them better so long as he had a billion to spend

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

He'd make them better so long as he had a billion to spend

Exactly. That’s the point some fans are making. He’s a very good manager but he isn’t A Demi god or summt like the media have you believe. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Exactly. That’s the point some fans are making. He’s a very good manager but he isn’t A Demi god or summt like the media have you believe. 

Give him the Villa side that got relegated and no money and see where he would of got to

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

He’s painted as some messianic figure - when in reality, he’s benefited from endless transfer budgets and a media happy to listen to his moans and demands. He’s got some excellent coaching ideas - his brand of football is always incredible mechanical and dull to watch. 

Plus, he’s also already had many great and world class players to work with. So you can hardly say he’s made some players better across the board - some he downright alienated. 

I think he got it wrong a few times in the champions league but when you think about the two games against Real Madrid they were the better team for most of the time and should have had a two goal lead at least from the first leg. He was badly let down by his players. Poor defending, giving away two pens and poor finishing. It cant be just down to the managers. Him and Klopp have set new standards in the Premier League with points totals but ultimatately he will be judged if he doesnt win a champions league. 

Just had a peak over at blue moon forum, wow what an entitled lot they are....

Moaning about the ref

Play acting by the opposition

"We" have a thin squad and no depth

"We " were naive 

"We" need to rebuild

Terrible season

A season to forget

And it goes on and on and on

Horrible plastic supporters, most clubs would dream of having a season like they are having.

I still hope there is a way we stop them winning the league.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Richard Dunne made me laugh on sky today complaining that Madrid had a better bench to choose from. The guy they brought on who scored twice is a youth product (I think) whereas city were bringing on £100M players

edit - I take it back, they paid €45M for Rodrygo 

Edited by bannedfromHandV

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Richard Dunne made me laugh on sky today complaining that Madrid had a better bench to choose from. The guy they brought on who scored twice is a youth product (I think) whereas city were bringing on £100M players

Real brought on a guy who struggled at Wolves 😂😂

19 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Tbf I wouldn't say he's far off the mark as the City bench seemed to have more players I've never heard of, but that's obviously bloated by them having more subs than starters and a lot of them had no chance of coming on.  I'd say the actual likely players to come on were pretty equal with Real slightly more experienced.

I'm in a bit of a weird spot in that I hate the plastic fans of City, United and Liverpool equally but I detest the hardcore Liverpool and United fans and don't mind the genuine City fans.  I'd rather they win than Liverpool.

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Could have put this in another thread but felt it fit here. 

Never leave a big game early. 

Oh dear. I did this when we drew with Arsenal Boxing Day one season.

I didn’t drive in so had to use the buses missed Zat Knight’s equaliser and then I found out because Boxing Day no buses after 8:30pm had to walk back to Walsall. Oh dear indeed 

• Like 1

That shirt they wore yesterday is a travesty. The neck cut makes it look really sloppy (on all their Puma shirts), and the MAN CITY across the chest is brutal. 

29 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Oh dear. I did this when we drew with Arsenal Boxing Day one season.

I didn’t drive in so had to use the buses missed Zat Knight’s equaliser and then I found out because Boxing Day no buses after 8:30pm had to walk back to Walsall. Oh dear indeed 

One of my favourite games ever! We battered them. Epic.

• Like 1

Â