Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

they are too unbalanced even in Premier League. They cant fit Navas, Aguero and Silva in the same team.

Hasnt helped that SIlva has gone off the boil since winning league and players like Kompany, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Hart and Dzeko have been found out against the decent teams in europe

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Citeh need a new goalie,  given those circumstances they can have an international goalie in January for 3 million if they want.  That would be almost given him away.

• Like 3

For the millions they've spent they should really be walking the league and being the best bet in Europe, but they are far from it.

No I think it shows that it takes that kind of money just to be competitive in the title race. You can't walk this league for any amount of money.

Do I remember reading at the end of last season, someome connected to city (maybe David Platt) saying Mancini planned to replace Hart this summer?

Which is a good sign but that wallet is pretty deep as well. They could do this kinda stuff for several years,even decades. 

I do wonder how football is gonna progress, how will it look in 10 years? 20? The money is growing rapidly, something has to happen.....

Do I remember reading at the end of last season, someome connected to city (maybe David Platt) saying Mancini planned to replace Hart this summer?

yes they were talking about Begovic I believe? 

For the millions they've spent they should really be walking the league and being the best bet in Europe, but they are far from it.

No I think it shows that it takes that kind of money just to be competitive in the title race. You can't walk this league for any amount of money.

I disagree. When they won the title they didnt build on it, If Mancini had of signed 2 or 3 quality players instead of signing crap like Maicon, Rodwell, Garcia and Sinclair City would be in stronger position. 

Chelsea walked it when took advantage of their first title win, think Mancini made a mess that will take a while to clean up

Went last night, Bayern are immense and have copied Pep's Barca formation exactly.

In possession it's like a 3-3-4 fluid swamp mix. Lahm dropping back from holding mid to the middle of defence.

Navas looked the worse Spanish player I've ever seen. Walcottish technique, ugly.

Milner was their best player and he was only on pitch for around 7 minutes.

I disagree. When they won the title they didnt build on it, If Mancini had of signed 2 or 3 quality players instead of signing crap like Maicon, Rodwell, Garcia and Sinclair City would be in stronger position. 

Chelsea walked it when took advantage of their first title win, think Mancini made a mess that will take a while to clean up

Exactly, the amount of millions they've wasted on players. They should really be walking it against sides like us, and not complaining that they dominated posession.

A mate of mine described Navas as "a stupid greyhound" based on what he's seen so far of him. Hard to disagree but I'm sure there's much more to come.

Navas is a strange player, His psychological issues could be bak and affecting his form but I think his performance vs Newcastle probably alerted other teams quicker than expected that if giving him space he will tear you apart

What has happened to Hart? He was really good. Maybe the pressure has got to him. I'm quite happy that he keeps making mistakes for city.

What has happened to Hart? He was really good. Maybe the pressure has got to him. I'm quite happy that he keeps making mistakes for city.

Maybe all the talk of being England's number 1 for the next decade, and winning the league with city has simply gone to his head.

or maybe he was never that good as some people in media made out, his best season was at birmingham under the uber defensive coach that is Eck. Think Hodgson in tough situation now does he stick with Hart with no confidence or throw in Forster and risk another Carson happening

Throw in Forster. If the precedent of Carson was the only reason Woy would be keeping him out of the side then that'd be moronic because you can't assume their mental make-up is the same or that he's one calamity away from crumbling - or that he'll even make a calamity. Carson was Carson and that's that. Forster looks the business so throw him in. That's how it works. The lad handled Barcelona in the CL fairly well on more than one occasion.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â