Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

Seems like a good and fair idea. Deduct points for same number of seasons the cheating went on. They'll remain competitive, but will never win the league in those years. Might even see them sold as it won't be much fun as a toy. 

Can you imagine how many times the pundits and commentators would have to say stuff along the lines of.....

"Well that's a great win for Villa there, moving them up to 2nd in the table, well it would have been 3rd if it wasn't for Manchester City's points deduction" 

It would be mentioned every bloody week. Relegate the cheating scumbags, most folk outside the Etihad wouldn't miss them

Edited by TDR V2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, desensitized43 said:

Why though? What's the basis?

All we'll see for 5 years is "corrected league tables" online. Teams will win the league not on sporting merit, but because of a points deduction.

The only reason to do this is because by throwing them out and relegating them you're only really punishing the EFL/EFL Teams but to be honest, I don't want to see them, I don't want to read about them, I just want them gone. I don't want to play them every year anymore knowing them and their horrible Representative for North East Somerset fanbase will be saying "well we won the league that year but **** the prem blah blah". If they're guilty then there should be only one pnushment.

I can't see any of their players or the owners wanting to play in the EFL, so the EFL teams wouldn't really be punished. 

Same goes for most of the sponsors (real ones) that are only interested in prem and UCL. 

Send em back to the stone age, make them start from scratch with an actual budget and set of rules.

I wouldn't miss them and I don't personally know anyone that would

• Like 1

Just now, TDR V2 said:

I can't see any of their players or the owners wanting to play in the EFL, so the EFL teams wouldn't really be punished. 

Same goes for most of the sponsors (real ones) that are only interested in prem and UCL. 

Send em back to the stone age, make them start from scratch with an actual budget and set of rules.

I wouldn't miss them and I don't personally know anyone that would

In fairness the Premier League would miss the additional interest from overseas fans they bring to the league. It is not in their short term interest to punish them too harshly. Imo a lenient punishment would however cause irreparable long term damage to the cash cow that is the PL. They won't be thinking in those terms though. 

52 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

The hilarious irony is that the one time they were second, Chelsea won it. Then Man City have won every one since aside from 19/20.

How they bottled it and finished third the year Leicester won the league was pretty pitiful too

32 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

In fairness the Premier League would miss the additional interest from overseas fans they bring to the league. It is not in their short term interest to punish them too harshly. Imo a lenient punishment would however cause irreparable long term damage to the cash cow that is the PL. They won't be thinking in those terms though. 

Well if these 115 charges are as serious as being reported and they are found guilty, then the prem league should throw the book at them, even if it's a book the prem league don't wanna read. 

City must be made an example of.

I'm quite a cynical person who thinks they will get away with a minor punishment, I hope I am wrong

• Like 2

As everyone is so keen for City to get a massive punishment for inflating their revenue to try and get around FFP/PSR, does that mean that we're all now pro FFP/PSR or will we continue to complain about it?

• Confused 1

It should be remembered that they are being accused of actual financial crimes as well as breaking 'sporting rules'. And because they're owned by a country it's also a diplomatic incident happening in slow motion. 

As a result, if you think they're getting an appropriate punishment, I have a bridge to sell you.

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

As everyone is so keen for City to get a massive punishment for inflating their revenue to try and get around FFP/PSR, does that mean that we're all now pro FFP/PSR or will we continue to complain about it?

We can complain about it, as we are abiding by their rules, City haven't.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, TDR V2 said:

Well if these 115 charges are as serious as being reported and they are found guilty, then the prem league should throw the book at them, even if it's a book the prem league don't wanna read. 

City must be made an example of.

I'm quite a cynical person who thinks they will get away with a minor punishment, I hope I am wrong

The PL won't be the ones deciding the punishment, it's will be the independent panel that are reviewing the charges.

38 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Nope. There's rules in place which all clubs are (mostly) abiding to. Wanting City to be punished for breaking said rules isn't a statement that the rules are good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The PL won't be the ones deciding the punishment, it's will be the independent panel that are reviewing the charges.

It just depends if they managed to get both the Gallaghers on the panel then

21 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm not pro the current system, but there needs to be some form of more equitable regulation. It's a moot point anyway, as there is a big difference between lobbying to change the rules we are complying with, and trying to change rules that are being broken. One of those is legitimate.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

The point remains though, they will face a harsher punishment than Everton/Forest as it's not a simple breach of FFP, they've cheated to bypass FFP entirely.

yeah of course, I'm surprised that there isn't some sort of guideline for each breach of the rules, like last week we submitted our info late to UEFA so we got a £20k (?) fine, man city submitted info late, didn't submit info, pre set punishment, submitted incorrect info pre set punishment, submitted false info pre set punishment

the difficulty here is they're going to have to judge each item on its own merit and then stack those punishments cumulatively 

from the 115 charges - 54 charges of failing to provide accurate info, 14 charges of failing to provide accurate details for player manager payments, 5 charges for failing to comply with UEFA's rules, 7 charges for failing the PL's rules, 35 charges for failing to co-operate

so only 7 of them are actually related to breaking the PL rules (+ the 5 for UEFA) the rest are all based around information disclosure - i wouldn't be surprised if the information disclosure came with a fine - what I don't know is if the information still hasn't been provided and the case will force city to provide it which would lead to more charges

they could be found guilty of 103 things and get a fine...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â