Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I can't decide if this is good or bad,

The negative is they wouldn't be relegated.
The positive is assuming it's a hefty deduction for each season, they would probably go years without winning the league

I'm leaning towards the latter

It'd be like a 50 point deduction over 10 seasons.

5 points a season.  Meh.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

5 points a season.  Meh.

Yeah obviously that would be shit. They'd win the league anyway

I was thinking 100 points over 5 seasons.

Basically it depends on the motivation. If they're actually spreading it over multiple seasons to punish them MORE, then you would assume it will be an amount that will hurt them every season.

If they're instead spreading it over multiple seasons to minimise the impact then it will be more like the level you said

Edited by Stevo985

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Basically it depends on the motivation. If they're actually spreading it over multiple seasons to punish them MORE, then you would assume it will be an amount that will hurt them every season.

If they're instead spreading it over multiple seasons to minimise the impact then it will be more like the level you said

Gut feel, if it happened, would be the latter.

I hope I'm wrong, but I think both sides just want this done.  Man City want as little impact as possible, PL want to be shown to be tough but maybe not harm the dominant force in their league that much.  If they can dish out a silly points deduction but make it have minimal impact, job done for them.

• Like 2

They will be given superficially harsh punishment. A fairly heavy points deduction that might mean they fail to win the title this season, and a heavy fine which basically is meaningless, and maybe a transfer ban for a period, which won't matter either. 

They should be effectively broken up. The entire club as it stands, it's entire being, is built on cheating. They should be chucked out of the league entirely. FC City of Manchester can start again at the bottom.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why though? What's the basis?

All we'll see for 5 years is "corrected league tables" online. Teams will win the league not on sporting merit, but because of a points deduction.

The only reason to do this is because by throwing them out and relegating them you're only really punishing the EFL/EFL Teams but to be honest, I don't want to see them, I don't want to read about them, I just want them gone. I don't want to play them every year anymore knowing them and their horrible Representative for North East Somerset fanbase will be saying "well we won the league that year but **** the prem blah blah". If they're guilty then there should be only one pnushment.

22 minutes ago, bobzy said:

5 points a season.  Meh.

50 point deduction every season for 10 seasons would effectively keep them out of Europe, would be a fair punishment, harsh, but not too harsh.  They would lose their star players and sponserships and would go back to being a mid table team. 

Just now, duke313 said:

50 point deduction every season for 10 seasons would effectively keep them out of Europe, would be a fair punishment, harsh, but not too harsh.  They would lose their star players and sponserships and would go back to being a mid table team. 

Mad that a 50 point deduction would only "keep them out of Europe" :D 

10 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Why though? What's the basis?

All we'll see for 5 years is "corrected league tables" online. Teams will win the league not on sporting merit, but because of a points deduction.

The only reason to do this is because by throwing them out and relegating them you're only really punishing the EFL/EFL Teams but to be honest, I don't want to see them, I don't want to read about them, I just want them gone. I don't want to play them every year anymore knowing them and their horrible Representative for North East Somerset fanbase will be saying "well we won the league that year but **** the prem blah blah". If they're guilty then there should be only one pnushment.

There is no basis. I was just giving a hypothetical scenario to discuss the hypothetical question that was being asked

Hang on. Everton hit with, what, 6 points in 21/22 and 2 points in 22/23. I'm assuming that Man City won't be found to have breached 115 times, as some will not be provable etc. But say 50% are, that's 58 (rounding up) breaches. Using the lower of the punishments handed to Everton that would be a 115 point deduction. Using the higher, it would be 348 points.

A pissy 50 point multi year penalty would imo be ridiculous. They have to throw the book at these people. They have cheated systematically to win because they think they can get away with it. We cannot make them right.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hobsons Choice said:

Hang on. Everton hit with, what, 6 points in 21/22 and 2 points in 22/23. I'm assuming that Man City won't be found to have breached 115 times, as some will not be provable etc. But say 50% are, that's 58 (rounding up) breaches. Using the lower of the punishments handed to Everton that would be a 115 point deduction. Using the higher, it would be 348 points.

A pissy 50 point multi year penalty would imo be ridiculous. They have to throw the book at these people. They have cheated systematically to win because they think they can get away with it. We cannot make them right.

There cases are nothing alike, Everton breached FFP and were punished, City have been accused of inflating their income 115 different occasions to increase their revenue artificially.  I will (or at least should) be much harsher.

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

There cases are nothing alike, Everton breached FFP and were punished, City have been accused of inflating their income 115 different occasions to increase their revenue artificially.  I will (or at least should) be much harsher.

No they haven't, it is different from Everton though, can't remember the exact number but the majority of the charges relate to not disclosing or withholding information 

On 14/09/2024 at 14:26, TreeVillan said:

I forget how heavy handed football fans can be.

I think we should put an asterix next to their name on Wikipedia.

**** me. 

Manchester City F.C.       image.jpeg.de78ef0a24365fdc8e170d8b7d303277.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No they haven't, it is different from Everton though, can't remember the exact number but the majority of the charges relate to not disclosing or withholding information 

The point remains though, they will face a harsher punishment than Everton/Forest as it's not a simple breach of FFP, they've cheated to bypass FFP entirely.

• Like 1

On 13/09/2024 at 19:28, Tommo_b said:

Give them all the punishments! They have earned them.

Relegate them to non league, transfer ban for 5 seasons and a £300m fine.

And strip the titles.

The fine won’t mean anything but least with the rest we wouldn’t have to worry about seeing that horrible club at the top table for awhile. 

And punish their fans! Make those sock cookers pay for their crimes!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The point remains though, they will face a harsher punishment than Everton/Forest as it's not a simple breach of FFP, they've cheated to bypass FFP entirely.

They should, but they won't. I would be astonished if there are any meaningful sanctions.

1 minute ago, Hobsons Choice said:

They should, but they won't. I would be astonished if there are any meaningful sanctions.

I think they will be punished, why would the Premier League have spent 7 years building this case against them only to give them a slap on the wrist?

Just now, duke313 said:

I think they will be punished, why would the Premier League have spent 7 years building this case against them only to give them a slap on the wrist?

Due process. Or the appearance of due process. Thing is, I don't think there will be any complicity on the part of the PL. I'm sure they do want to punish them. Man City just have an infinite pot of lawyer money.

On 13/09/2024 at 22:02, MrBlack said:

Yup. They strip them of the titles, and noone wins it for those years. I don't even think the other clubs would want to win it by default.

I sure would as a villa fan, but if it's just another trophy to add to the pile, and it's won by default I don't think I would. But whatever, it's not their call to make.

Consign then to the bin and move on. Preferably without Man City. I could see the football league being happy to welcome them with open arms though, maybe even accommodating them in the Championship. Sadly, I don't think the relegation will happen.

If Spurs ever finished 2nd they would take it

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â