Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

I wonder if this happen to us one day soon?

I guess in the modern game it's the price to pay for year on year success.

Liam Gallagher talking about watching City these days… "I don’t go and watch them anymore. I don’t really like the Etihad. I don’t dig it man, it’s like going and watching the **** opera. The last time I seen City I got told to be quiet by some **** donut who was too busy looking at his menu. I was jumping up and down and he went, ‘Can you be **** quiet?’ It must have been interfering, like messing with his brain; he didn’t know whether to have the prawns or the **** caviar"

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 28/05/2024 at 03:41, sharkyvilla said:

I wonder how bad refereeing was in the days before everyone streamed every minute of every game.  Some pretty poor refereeing would've got glossed over when all you had was Match of the Day highlights.  Now it's a virtually impossible job and there's no way any player who gets to their 20s before retiring would attempt to become a ref, they know how hard it is and it's a hiding to nothing.

No, i disagree

grass roots reffing is difficult -  no 20 different camera angles, no instant reply… only the ref, linesman and fourth official who are all rank amateurs…

That’s a hard task but with less severe consequences…

Premier league or European level ref?

instant video replay at your fingertips, highest quality linesmen and 4th official… VAR booth to stop game and review decisions from 1000s of different angles and at the fraction of the speed to ensure that everything is done to the letter of the law…

but do they stop the game to review a call if a coach or player is apoplectic that they missed something blatant?

Do they review “clear and obvious” decisions in an efficient manner and make it obvious what they are looking for?

No…

The ref does what they want, follows orders from up on high through an earpiece… ignores calls by teams to request a review of poor decisions…

and the bit that pisses me off the most:

they are held completely unaccountable…

They should be forced to do an interview after games and MADE to explain the reasonings for decisions made…

WHY didn’t you review that decision when the opposition all screamed that you missed it?

WHY did you take 15 minutes reviewing that goal only to disallow it for something that happened 4 minutes earlier?

WHY do you get to keep your job when your incompetencies put so many other peoples livelihoods in the balance?

Players and managers have to do it all the time…

Time to drag those **** in black over the coals and make them sweat…

20 hours ago, imavillan said:

I wonder if this happen to us one day soon?

I guess in the modern game it's the price to pay for year on year success.

Liam Gallagher talking about watching City these days… "I don’t go and watch them anymore. I don’t really like the Etihad. I don’t dig it man, it’s like going and watching the **** opera. The last time I seen City I got told to be quiet by some **** donut who was too busy looking at his menu. I was jumping up and down and he went, ‘Can you be **** quiet?’ It must have been interfering, like messing with his brain; he didn’t know whether to have the prawns or the **** caviar"

Id like to try it and find out first before I complain about it 😜

But yeah I'm not sure I'm built for what city now are, after years of villa related trauma it would be such a weird place to be 

• Like 2

I guess LG is talking about the VIP area he would have been invited to. It would be the same at Villa or any other ground, you can’t be shouting and being a dick in there. The rest of the stadium will be absolutely fine for making lots of noise in and having a few drinks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess LG is talking about the VIP area he would have been invited to. It would be the same at Villa or any other ground, you can’t be shouting and being a dick in there. The rest of the stadium will be absolutely fine for making lots of noise in and having a few drinks.

Yep. To go in VIP and then complain about people's respectable conduct, rather than going in the stands like a real fan, says it all about the bloke.

I really couldn't despise that club more if I tried.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Genie said:

You're probably right, but in response to 'the rest of the stadium will be absolutely fine for making lots of noise in', I am going to continue to point out that he'd be pretty much on his own if he did. 

59 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. To go in VIP and then complain about people's respectable conduct, rather than going in the stands like a real fan, says it all about the bloke.

I really couldn't despise that club more if I tried.

I'm going to spin it a different way though and say that if you're going to a city game and paying top dollar for it and you happen to bump in to Liam Gallagher making a bit of noise you should take that as a blessing rather than something to moan about

It's like me paying for corporate at villa and then moaning that tom hanks came over for a perfectly friendly polite chat when all I wanted to do was be drunk

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm going to spin it a different way though and say that if you're going to a city game and paying top dollar for it and you happen to bump in to Liam Gallagher making a bit of noise you should take that as a blessing rather than something to moan about

It's like me paying for corporate at villa and then moaning that tom hanks came over for a perfectly friendly polite chat when all I wanted to do was be drunk

Yeah I agree with that totally. But his attitude stinks. 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Not sure that meeting Liam Gallagher would ever be a blessing. He seems like a tit and Oasis are overrated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Not sure that meeting Liam Gallagher would ever be a blessing. He seems like a tit and Oasis are overrated. 

For me yes and no

But them pair seem synonymous with the club, of you're prawn sandwiching it that's got to be something you're hoping for not trying to avoid, you'd want to bump in to one of them pair 

6 hours ago, Genie said:

His Brother goes in with the away fans rather than a box at those grounds so could be that, away fans not as vocal as more.

Man. City is just a tourist destination now. We'll get there if we're making CL regularly, sign some emerging players from newer football markets and charge ridiculously high prices (which is happening).

In fairness I don't think they'd claim the new ground even before the takeover was anything like Maine Road which could be a bearpit on occasions. Hardly ever used to sell out for a start.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

His Brother goes in with the away fans rather than a box at those grounds so could be that, away fans not as vocal as more.

During some of the games yes, before after and half time he’s practically in the dressing room stood next to Pep.

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What does this mean? They’re going to sue the PL?

Yes!

Surely the PL are within there right now to suspend Man City. This is what they need to do till this is over!!

here's a link to the full article

Manchester City have launched an unprecedented legal action against the Premier League in a move that has sparked civil war in English football’s top flight.
The dispute, which has become a battle between the most powerful clubs in the country, will be settled after a two-week private arbitration hearing starting on Monday.
The outcome could dramatically alter the landscape of the professional game and have a significant impact on a separate hearing set for November into City’s 115 alleged breaches of the Premier League’s regulations and financial rules. That hearing, expected to last six weeks, could lead to massive fines for the club owners and possibly even relegation for Pep Guardiola’s all-conquering side.

At next week’s hearing, which has provoked bitter divisions between clubs, City will attempt to end the league’s Associated Party Transaction (APT) rules, which they claim are unlawful, and seek damages from the Premier League.

Dont get the civil war thing, clubs should be absolutely united to kick them out

Any club standing with them should be ashamed

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Dont get the civil war thing, clubs should be absolutely united to kick them out

Any club standing with them should be ashamed

At least one club is in support apparently.

Â