Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Doesn't Guardiola hold the league record for longest win streak in all 3 of the leagues he's managed in? Pretty sure if he'd taken over Man Utd or Chelsea instead back in 2016 they'd be exactly where Man City are now.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/08/2023 at 09:00, jacketspuds said:

It is terrible. Grealish last night just got the ball, did a couple of shuffles, then passed it back to Gvardiol.

Then it goes to the CM, then out to the right, then back the other way.

W_Q1QZz4uhb1WgpNnBBSFJoowCI=.gif

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Charlie's brother?

Neville Neville's cousin, I believe.

Edited by rjw63
another pathetic embarrassing typo, must be my age
  • Haha 2

Anyone else find the Wolf of Wall Street inspired Kyle Walker new contract announcement over the top and cringey? 

don’t know why but I found it utterly annoying.

I suppose, in the film there were a lot of prostitutes being hired so there’s that similarity 😬

• Like 4

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Anyone else find the Wolf of Wall Street inspired Kyle Walker new contract announcement over the top and cringey? 

don’t know why but I found it utterly annoying.

I suppose, in the film there were a lot of prostitutes being hired so there’s that similarity 😬

I’ve just looked it up. It’s extremely cringeworthy, like something small heath would do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I’m really not surprised.

There will never be a serious punishment for these clubs as the PL needs them to be successful. Coupled with the fact that politics outside of football are also impacting the decisions and you have an even bigger shitshow than most of us thought.

FFP is only a thing for 14 or so clubs in this league. We’ve had to sell our youngsters to be able to compete this summer, whereas Chelsea can spend £1bn in a year.

There is nothing fair about FFP. I’m just praying that the clubs who wanted a European Super League are relocated to Saudi Arabia and the rest of us can just get on with things.

13 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

FFP is only a thing for 14 or so clubs in this league. We’ve had to sell our youngsters to be able to compete this summer, whereas Chelsea can spend £1bn in a year

How do people still not understand how this works?!

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

How do people still not understand how this works?!

The whole point of FFP was to stop Man City doing a Chelsea. 

It was a way for the wealthiest clubs to lock out any upstart challengers. 

It’s why I don’t really hold as much animosity towards Man City as some do. They broke the rules but they broke a rule that was specifically designed to stop them challenging the ‘big teams’.  

It should just be abolished and let teams spend as they see fit. 

• Like 4

Merson watching their game saying Forest have done brilliantly and should be proud of their performance

City are winning 2-0 and down to ten men for most of the game. It's took a combination of that and Forest playing well to level the teams

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

The whole point of FFP was to stop Man City doing a Chelsea. 

It was a way for the wealthiest clubs to lock out any upstart challengers. 

It’s why I don’t really hold as much animosity towards Man City as some do. They broke the rules but they broke a rule that was specifically designed to stop them challenging the ‘big teams’.

It should just be abolished and let teams spend as they see fit. 

The focus would be on what the likes of city, Chelsea and Newcastle would do, the reality is they should look at what the 2 most powerful clubs in the country won't do and then you'd know why these rules exist in the first place

19 hours ago, villan95 said:

The Premier League are never going to properly punish them by taking titles away etc. because that would be admitting their whole competition has been a farce for the last 10-15 years.

Been longer than that..

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â