Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

But it’s also about the young kids. My partners kid is 8 and genuinely thought Man City were one of the greatest clubs of all time. He also thinks Kane is a fair player. The generation they are trying to attract are the future generations who won’t bat an eyelid at what happens with City’s owners.

Until they get old enough and grow a conscience. The generation coming after gen z will be even less forgiving of the actions of the middle east than the current lot are. 

Then when the kids are old enough to have any power/money it won't be shared with the Arab state.

They're praying that the affiliation with the club will survive a lifetime, but anyone that supports man city because of their current success won't have any problem dropping them for someone else that is being successful.

But guess they are getting what they want out of the arrangement anyway. As someone else mentioned, the F1, boxing, golf, etc that have all helped themselves to the money on offer there is proof of that. 

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Until they get old enough and grow a conscience. The generation coming after gen z will be even less forgiving of the actions of the middle east than the current lot are. 

Then when the kids are old enough to have any power/money it won't be shared with the Arab state.

They're praying that the affiliation with the club will survive a lifetime, but anyone that supports man city because of their current success won't have any problem dropping them for someone else that is being successful.

But guess they are getting what they want out of the arrangement anyway. As someone else mentioned, the F1, boxing, golf, etc that have all helped themselves to the money on offer there is proof of that. 

This is what they said about kids supporting Liverpool, Utd or Chelsea 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago but there's still loads of idiotic fans around (including globally) who still support them based off past success. 

12 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

This is what they said about kids supporting Liverpool, Utd or Chelsea 10, 20, 30 or 40 years ago but there's still loads of idiotic fans around (including globally) who still support them based off past success. 

What were Liverpool or United doing that warranted someone to disapprove of their owners?

Chelsea maybe a better comparison though.

Liverpool and United have largely maintained their success and so the supporters stay with them. Let's see what happens to Chelsea now...

I despise this club but they do prove useful sometimes.  Like that time they hammered Watford's GD and lifted us out the relegation.

Surely they take a point from Brentford this weekend?

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I despise this club but they do prove useful sometimes.  Like that time they hammered Watford's GD and lifted us out the relegation.

Surely they take a point from Brentford this weekend?

You'd think so, I can't imagine Pep will want Brentford doing the double over them even though they have nothing to play for. 

It doesn't matter anyway as we will beat Brighton.

59 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Imagine if we'd had accepted Spurs pathetic bid for Jack. Levy would have wanted £2 billion from the Arabs 🤣

It could’ve created a crazy alternate universe where we nurtured Josh Onomah into an absolute world beater and City gave us £100m for him instead whilst Jack ended up at Preston

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

City have made a signing already.

Scott Carson on a 1 year extension. He’ll be well into his 50’s by now. He must make an amazing cup of tea. 

If City win the Champions League he will tie the record with Maldini with time between his first win and his last win 😂

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

City abusing the homegrown rule to the max. Carson has played what 2 games in two years for them. 

It will bite then if they have to rely on him in goal due to injury. 

The other option would be them naming nobody in their CL squad. Or putting in one of their youth keepers. 

Can't see it happening but would be brilliant watching them have to turn to him to win next seasons champions league. Or even this years. 

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Congrats to Josep on winning Manager of the Season again. We all love an underdog story on VillaTalk

Quite.

A billion pounds spent and breaking all the rules as you go. Excellent work, totally deserved!

• Haha 1

Congrats to Josep on winning Manager of the Season again. We all love an underdog story on VillaTalk

In fairness he plucked that Grealish lad from obscurity and had him on top form from the get go

I mean, as far as ridiculous choices go, this is the worst.

I could perhaps go along with it if no other manager did anything this year.

But, Emery and his miracle work with us.

Howe, the same.

O'Neill.

I'd put Pep 5th or 6th down the list, and he's won it. **** jokers.

• Like 2

Aim of elite sport is winning trophies.

He deserves it in my book.

If he goes on to win a treble that would be sensational.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Almost as sensational as the fact that I’ve never been beaten in a coin toss. I do insist on always calling first and using my own coin which happens to be a double headed coin, but no one can take away my record. 

Rules, f##k em. 

18 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Team that spends the most, including by cheating, wins the most.

A true shocker.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â