Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Their second string would justifiably expect to win a cup at least every season, and probably give the CL positions a good crack.

That's not good. They've broken the league by having so much financial clout (clearly through rule breaking in itself) that they basically can't be challenged. They can afford to buy any teams best player and have them bench warm. Someone looks to have got a gem? Hurl money at them, the figure doesn't matter.

I despise them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found today's game tedious.  But you can't take anything away from Pep,. Other teams like man u and Chelsea spend big as well. Fact is he's the best manager around. When he leaves I bet the Premier League is a more level playing field. They didn't dominate this way before he was their manager. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

I found today's game tedious.  But you can't take anything away from Pep,. Other teams like man u and Chelsea spend big as well. Fact is he's the best manager around. When he leaves I bet the Premier League is a more level playing field. They didn't dominate this way before he was their manager. 

This sums it up. Chelsea and man United have spent huge sums as well but they are miles off city. That's down to poor club management and appointing bad managers. 

Whatever you think about pep he's one of the great managers. People think it's easy to spend big money and win titles, it's not that simple. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

This sums it up. Chelsea and man United have spent huge sums as well but they are miles off city. That's down to poor club management and appointing bad managers. 

Whatever you think about pep he's one of the great managers. People think it's easy to spend big money and win titles, it's not that simple. 

I reckon the correlation is pretty strong.  Leicester probably the only exception?

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I reckon the correlation is pretty strong.  Leicester probably the only exception?

Sorry you basically can't win without big spending that's pretty much a given. But lots of clubs try spending big and make a mess of it. City have got it right and that's down to pep. They weren't anywhere near as good under their previous managers despite the financial resources they had. 

It's like us under Lerner and us now. Under Lerner we were badly managed and had a manager with obvious, fatal, flaws. The result was a glass ceiling and eventual collapse despite a decent money outlay. Now we've people with a brain running the club and a proper manager in charge. Success is almost inevitable. 

Edited by villa89

It's certainly possible to fail with loads of money, succeed with less money, and it's undeniable Pep has done a good job. Doesn't deserve too much respect for it though, he knows who he's working for, and I doubt Mancini was the only one taking wages off the books.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Sorry you basically can't win without big spending that's pretty much a given. But lots of clubs try spending big and make a mess of it. City have got it right and that's down to pep. They weren't anywhere near as good under their previous managers despite the financial resources they had. 

It's like us under Lerner and us now. Under Lerner we were badly managed and had a manager with obvious, fatal, flaws. The result was a glass ceiling and eventual collapse despite a decent money outlay. Now we've people with a brain running the club and a proper manager in charge. Success is almost inevitable. 

There's spending big money and then there's outright fraud and cheating to allow a single manager to spend more money on one team than any other in the history of the sport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A pretty classless statement about the Manchester terror attacks - if you zoom in you can see the club crest is pixalated. They can’t even mention bombings or anything. Sorry to make this political but **** this horrid plastic club. What tragedy was that City? They can’t even mention it by name 

Compare with Man United 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

There's spending big money and then there's outright fraud and cheating to allow a single manager to spend more money on one team than any other in the history of the sport. 

I think they'd have had that sort of money anyway to be honest.

Still not sure what level of cheating has gone on.  How much extra have they had?  No-one seems to know.  I imagine maybe £200m?

38 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

nah thats a stretch, everyone knows what it refers to

the only bad thing about it is they've changed the hashtag dropping the united bit "this city" implies them specifically rather than manchester as a whole

I was probably just reading too much into it - it just felt rushed like they’d rather just focus on their title win. Still think the messaging lacks class but I expect nothing less from them. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â