Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Just saw somewhere that this is Kalvin Phillips' first league start for them. This is a player that cost over £40m and they can afford to utilise him in the same way we utilise Sanson. Just obscene.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Mantis said:

Just saw somewhere that this is Kalvin Phillips' first league start for them. This is a player that cost over £40m and they can afford to utilise him in the same way we utilise Sanson. Just obscene.

Another PL teams star player / captain / boyhood fan

7 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

115 breeches of the FFP rules! Wow.

I'm not sure they will have titles stripped from them, but if there are to be punushments then a few I would be willing to see thrown at them would be that:-

-They should be banned from playing in any major European tournament for the next few years.

-A transfer embargo for the next few seasons.

-Start with a heavy points deduction in the league for the next few seasons.

No other team would get away with this absolute scandalous shite!

4 hours ago, Genie said:

I’m still pissed off they they weren’t given a punishment at the same time as being charged.

I don’t know why football operates this way. Points the finger then steps back and waits before deciding what the punishment should be.

Agreed.

Italian FA would have given them an immediate fifteen to twenty points deduction or demoted them from the league.

Why does the FA wait?

Oh yeah, fame, fortune and Man S****y are the flag bearers for our game...

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm a bit like @GlobalVillan here tbh. I find as a neutral watching Man. City games very boring. At least with the state likes of Liverpool and Spurs have been in for most of the season their games for a neutral have been good to watch as they always give the opposition chances.

Man. City are just robotic like. Same move endlessly times that opposition can't cope with and it's all over as soon as they go 2 up.

It's not that I find them boring, although I imagine they would be, I just refuse to watch them, as everything they do is completely invalid.

So bored with the media w@nkfest over the plucky billionaire club that i let the missus switch over to watch repeats of say yes to the dress.

24 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Agreed.

Italian FA would have given them an immediate fifteen to twenty points deduction or demoted them from the league.

Why does the FA wait?

Lawyers that's why

If the FA / PL charged them with something tomorrow they'd be lucky to see it come in to play within 2 years

31 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Agreed.

Why does the FA wait?

And then overturn it when nobody's looking. As they've done multiple times over thee years.

59 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Why does the FA wait?

It's not the FA, it's the Premier League. They wait because City have, it's reported, taken legal action claiming the investigation process is invalid and flawed and blah blah blah.

Like with UEFA - they investigated, found them guilty, banned them from Europe for 2 years and fined them 60 million quid...but City got the lawyers in, appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, and escaped on a technicality (too long since some offences), not enough evidence on others...because City refused to co-operate.

In essence both the PL and UEFA did take action, but City's lawyers and bottomless pockets are a powerful tool.

• Like 2

Just such a nothing club that nobody really gives a shit about.  Yes they've won the title, could win a treble but so what.  Everything they win is just another purchase for the plastic fantastic.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Why is £40m obscene and £14m not though? Who decides where the line for what is and isn't acceptable to spend on a player is? We as Villa fans seem to have conveniently decided it's somewhere between what us and City spend, despite ourselves outspending the vast majority of clubs in Europe.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, will87 said:

Why is £40m obscene and £14m not though? Who decides where the line for what is and isn't acceptable to spend on a player is? We as Villa fans seem to have conveniently decided it's somewhere between what us and City spend, despite ourselves outspending the vast majority of clubs in Europe.

Because it's not just a one off? Because they've been cooking the books for years?

Obviously money plays a bigger part in the game than it used to but City are on a whole different level compared to everyone else.

Up until today Phillips had played 113 minutes of Prem football for City without starting a game. He has more minutes this season for England than he does for City in the Prem.

He cost roughly 10m more than Emi Buendia and would be our second highest earner if you believe some of the websites that report wages. 

You can't compete with that.

• Like 1

I was thinking about Foden earlier, labelled as a generation talent and he has 5x PL winners medals before his 23rd birthday but is very much a fringe player. Will he be happy with that long term? Lots of money and medals, will he be wanting regular football now?

Villa to make a cheeky bid? :lol: 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â