Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

On 27/04/2023 at 06:31, Demitri_C said:

Well totle race is over another city title yawnnnnnn

Becoming like Germany with munich

That’s the danger with city isn’t it that we become like Germany France and Scotland with the same team winning every year. I think we will be ok here because these things tend to go in relatively short cycles but it is worrying seeing a team win 4 out of 5 years. Despite what sky try to tell me I don’t even like watching city play, I find it so boring to watch seeing sides passed to death. When Barca did it under pep it was a bit better because at some point messi got it and did something special with City it’s very formulaic and boring or though technically very skilled.

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

That’s the danger with city isn’t it that we become like Germany France and Scotland with the same team winning every year. I think we will be ok here because these things tend to go in relatively short cycles but it is worrying seeing a team win 4 out of 5 years. Despite what sky try to tell me I don’t even like watching city play, I find it so boring to watch seeing sides passed to death. When Barca did it under pep it was a bit better because at some point messi got it and did something special with City it’s very formulaic and boring or though technically very skilled.

That's kind of where Emery is trying to take us. I don't mind it being "formulaic", and the art of picking out an inch perfect pass that then gets played on inch perfectly to a teammate with one touch is sometimes mesmeric. If it was so formulaic it would be easy to stop anyway.

The issue with city is the players they've got doing it, shouldnt be able to play together. No club can, within the realms of the current FFP regulations, afford them so City shouldn't have that squad.

1 hour ago, punkiller1981 said:

Despite a lot of people despising Klopp and Liverpool, they have been the only team to challenge the City dominance and the games between those two teams have been really exciting. Signing Haaland has made things very predictable. 

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Despite a lot of people despising Klopp and Liverpool, they have been the only team to challenge the City dominance and the games between those two teams have been really exciting. Signing Haaland has made things very predictable. 

Since signing Haaland, City have barely been at the top of the table and the team above them wasn't Liverpool?

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

Since signing Haaland, City have barely been at the top of the table and the team above them wasn't Liverpool?

It's not the point though. They will finish top and probably win the champions league for the first time too. Liverpool of last season would have won the league not just been top for most of the season 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

It's not the point though. They will finish top and probably win the champions league for the first time too. 

Yes, I expect so too, but what you said was 'they [Liverpool] have been the only team to challenge the City dominance' and that just isn't true, and my evidence it isn't true is every league table this season. 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Liverpool of last season would have won the league not just been top for most of the season 

?? Liverpool of last season *didn't* win the league. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, I expect so too, but what you said was 'they [Liverpool] have been the only team to challenge the City dominance' and that just isn't true, and my evidence it isn't true is every league table this season. 

?? Liverpool of last season *didn't* win the league. 

Yes fair enough Arsenal have given it a go but when it mattered fell short.

Liverpool came really close last season and have 97 points one season yet still finished second. At best Arsenal will end up with 90 but I doubt if they will get that now

• Like 1

City win another tainted title that they'll hopefully (but highly unlikely) be stripped off in the future. Arsenal fans to be left disappointed after their team chokes and throw away the title. And when/if they eventually are awarded the title no one will care. 

Win win.

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wow peps gone quite weak vs leeds wouldnt shock me if leeds nick something. Abit arrogant of pep

I assume you're taking the piss? Seven changes but still most of those players cost more than our most expensive ever signing.

• 2 weeks later...

If they are found guilty of the charges against them, the consequences will be far reaching, not Just Premier league clubs will feel aggrieved but all across the champions league clubs.

This could be really bad for Man City.

Toney gets an 8 month ban and cannot participate in any football.

Surely what City has done is way worse and will bring a much sterner punishment.

5 year bans for everyone involved and the club expelled to the 9th tier would be a good start. 

10 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

If they are found guilty of the charges against them, the consequences will be far reaching, not Just Premier league clubs will feel aggrieved but all across the champions league clubs.

This could be really bad for Man City.

Toney gets an 8 month ban and cannot participate in any football.

Surely what City has done is way worse and will bring a much sterner punishment.

5 year bans for everyone involved and the club expelled to the 9th tier would be a good start. 

I really dont think anything will ever happen from the cowardly authorities though I hope I am wrong. At most a suspended points deduction

• Like 1

Death of english football FC

Literally its so boring now

I called it a while ago taking away away goals benefits the bigger sides

Im not even going to bother watching CL final as its a going to be a man city destruction 

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im not even going to bother watching CL final as its a going to be a man city destruction 

City wasn't a problem until Pep arrived.

Yes they still won leagues but they were nowhere near as dominant as they are now.

He is one hell of a manager. It is what it is.

Edited by Pinebro

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Away goals rule would have meant and even bigger hill for Madrid to climb last night.

11 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

City wasn't a problem until Pep arrived.

Yes they still won leagues but they were nowhere near as dominant as they are now.

He is one hell of a manager. It is what it is.

Completely agree.... Apart from is what it is... It is bullshit and it has killed football for me

• Like 2

Well, if they win the treble there is a good argument this team is one of the best in history. 

It has been assembled by fraud, but that's not to be blamed at De Bruyne, Rodri or Grealish.

They are excellent team with an excellent manager.

They are a horrible club. 

6 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Well, if they win the treble there is a good argument this team is one of the best in history. 

It has been assembled by fraud, but that's not to be blamed at De Bruyne, Rodri or Grealish.

They are excellent team with an excellent manager.

They are a horrible club. 

With cheat mode on Hereford Town could assemble the best in history, it’s not even an achievement, it would be a joke if they didn’t win every competition they entered, it’s almost pointless at this point.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Completely agree.... Apart from is what it is... It is bullshit and it has killed football for me

My only hope is that Pep soon leaves and we will have a more competitive league again.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â