Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

Supposedly hiring Lord Pannick to assist them in their fight with the Premier League.

He has previously advised Boris Johnson over Partygate. 

If only his name lent itself to some obvious puns regarding City’s current situation…

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

May as well suspend FFP immediately as it obviously doesn't work does it.

All it has managed to do is remove some community clubs, knock others back 30 years and make the lucky few impregnable 

My opinion is that this will be the end of ffp.  City will be punished but it will also highlight how bad it is and how top 6 clubs are using it to get an advantage.  You think Everton and Chelsea are going to bring up how rubbish it is

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Supposedly hiring Lord Pannick to assist them in their fight with the Premier League.

He has previously advised Boris Johnson over Partygate. 

If only his name lent itself to some obvious puns regarding City’s current situation…

80k a day is his cost apparently. Of course that’s just his “official on the books” cost. Not counting his secret contract paid directly into his Cayman Islands account for his unspecified “consultancy” work.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

"No we aren't state funded. Definitely not. We categorically deny those false accusations." Cue email trail from UAE government email address regards distribution of funds

These leaked emails should force them to sell the club.

I do like that the NFL and NBA have the power to force owners to sell clubs.

Surely we need these powers in the Premier league. 

1 hour ago, Robbie09 said:

Having browsed the Bluemoon forum I can confirm they are now competing with Liverpool for the title of Victim FC.

It’s all a conspiracy fuelled by ManUre and Liverpool apparently.

Yep saw one post saying its clearly an anti-Muslim agenda by rival American owners because hating Muslims is in the American DNA🤣

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

These leaked emails should force them to sell the club.

I do like that the NFL and NBA have the power to force owners to sell clubs.

Surely we need these powers in the Premier league. 

Different reason but Roman Abramovic was forced to sell.

• Like 2

Former UEFA investigator Yves Leterme: “We had hard evidence against City. I'm convinced they committed fraud. Sponsor money was paid by the owner. They used an army of lawyers to obstruct us. The current PL investigation is broader than ours was.”

I suspect one tactic that MCFC could do is to tactically push to be excluded from the PL so they can then go to CAS to make an appeal and I dare say counter-sue the PL

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

It's stunning. To think of the years of success and the impact its had on the league. 

They're a major stain on the Premier league. 

I'm not sure one relegation is enough. 

I do agree with this. One relatively simple season for them in the Championship doesn't feel enough of a punishment. (Of course i'm assuming their season will be easy, which may be a false assumption).

When you consider the titles and trophies they have cheated their way to win, and the impact it's had on the clubs that haven't won, one relegation doesn't feel enough.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

80k a day is his cost apparently. Of course that’s just his “official on the books” cost. Not counting his secret contract paid directly into his Cayman Islands account for his unspecified “consultancy” work.

80 effing grand a day. What a parasite

• Like 4

If the Premier League expel them, the Football League won't be under any obligation to let them straight into the Championship, surely they will have to start at the bottom of the pyramid?

I really think that the punishment for this will be unprecedented. This is every bit as bad as the match fixing scandal in Serie A and has been going on for over a decade. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Former UEFA investigator Yves Leterme: “We had hard evidence against City. I'm convinced they committed fraud. Sponsor money was paid by the owner. They used an army of lawyers to obstruct us. The current PL investigation is broader than ours was.”

That's a very serious accusation. Cheating the rules is one thing, but fraud? That would surely result in a criminal investigation.

12 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

That's a very serious accusation. Cheating the rules is one thing, but fraud? That would surely result in a criminal investigation.

It is, but I think it's defamation if anything. He knows if they were to bring action against him it would mean going to court and they having to prove they've not committed fraud whilst of course he would have to prove they have, and I am assuming the UEFA evidence and possibly new Prem evidence we don't know about could be brought forward. It would also mean Man City having to open up their books fully in a court of law. Somehow I don't think they want that, they want to keep it within sports law as much as possible.

Edited by stewiek2

12 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It is, but I think it's defamation if anything. He knows if they were to bring action against him it would mean going to court and they having to prove they've not committed fraud whilst of course he would have to prove they have, and I am assuming the UEFA evidence and possibly new Prem evidence we don't know about could be brought forward. It would also mean Man City having to open up their books fully in a court of law. Somehow I don't think they want that, they want to keep it within sports law as much as possible.

That makes sense.

Not being a lawyer, I can't speak at all with authority in the subject, but a quick perusal of the definition of fraud seems surprisingly wide ranging and probably could be construed to include the activities City are accused of. But, IANAL so I wouldn't be able to say one way or the other.

One thing is certain, it's going to be an interesting few months ahead.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â