Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Rangers went out of business and a new company/club had to be set up to be able to trade.  No comparison to what’s happening at City.  I suspect they will get a point’s deduction if anything.  More realistic is that they fight it being anti competitive and ffp is thrown out.  

The idea of FFP was brought in originally to stop the likes of a Peter Ridsdale/Leeds happening.  What it turned out to be was keeping pool/utd/spurs at top given their income 

I know, but don't spoil my fun:D! 100% on the rest above. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nothings going to happen i gurantee it.

Fine at worst

Suggestion that the charges are so bad that  expulsion could be deserved, no chance of that. Instant super league if they remove City from the league. 

3 minutes ago, Nicho said:

Suggestion that the charges are so bad that  expulsion could be deserved, no chance of that. Instant super league if they remove City from the league. 

Or United, Liverpool, Chelsea etc could use this as a way to get rid of City for good 🤣

47 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Given how hard teams have to work to keep within FFP, it's so infuriating when clubs like City just ignore it. 

I'm sure someone posted the link to it on here the other day, they don't just ignore it, they actively employ people to work around it

The guy who wrote the Deloitte football finances report in 2009 which was the trigger for FFP is currently employed by City isn't he? If not him then they definitley poached 2 deloitte employees following the rules, we have purslow who apparently knows all the rules inside out (which whatever you think of him it was fun for the few years we had rivals spitting feathers over how could we do it and us going out of business when the punishment comes) add in the various lawyers and other accounants looking at it and guesstimate city spend upwards of a million a year to work around it

Its almost like the athletic programmes who pay people to stay ahead of the curve on banned substances but FFP isn't as fluid, they'll no doubt tweak the rules following city benefitting from them for years... And then city will find the next way around the new rules too

22 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nothings going to happen i gurantee it.

Fine at worst

I hoping citeh's complete refusal to assist the investigation in anyway for the entirety of the four years will be enough to trigger the PL in to a more sensible and just punishment than a fine. Probably not though.😞

Edited by brommy

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Titles stripped. Points deduction this season. 3 year transfer ban. All of these need to happen to right the wrong. It's not as though the league would miss them, plenty of other monied clubs competing, Newcastle can have their spot. 

No they can't, we will have it!

• Like 2

I know they aren't going to come out and say "Yep,  we're guilty as sin" but Ci£y's statement does sound pretty blasé about it all. They don't seem worried at all.

I'd love to see titles stripped, relegation, players leaving etc but I just can't see anything more than a fine, maybe a transfer ban or two 🙄

16 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yup premier league are gutless if it were a newly promoted club they’d probably make an example 

Not sure I agree. By bringing the charges forward PL have nailed their flag to the mast. They have to go all out to win. All hail our Cup win in 2020 🙂

all this talk of titles being stripped. what does that even mean? does the team that finished 5th of those years then get a CL place for next season? i highly doubt that. also, you think any city fan will care that it gets decided that they didn't actually win the league 6 years ago? they would've still celebrated it and enjoyed the champions league the following year. you can't just undo that

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I know they aren't going to come out and say "Yep,  we're guilty as sin" but Ci£y's statement does sound pretty blasé about it all. They don't seem worried at all.

I'd love to see titles stripped, relegation, players leaving etc but I just can't see anything more than a fine, maybe a transfer ban or two 🙄

100% they are. That is because they are confident their legal team will win the day for them again and that is why that can't be allowed to happen. image.jpeg.05ddd796595a51c8feae641a626d1a76.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

all this talk of titles being stripped. what does that even mean? does the team that finished 5th of those years then get a CL place for next season? i highly doubt that. also, you think any city fan will care that it gets decided that they didn't actually win the league 6 years ago? they would've still celebrated it and enjoyed the champions league the following year. you can't just undo that

They'd just give the title or trophy to the runner up or just remove those years from history.. I think that's what happened when Lance Armstrong stole his TDF wins

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It would be pretty funny if Grealish was playing in the Championship again haha

& Southgate insisting that he can't play Championship players for England, no matter how high their wages are..:D

Edited by John

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â