Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Added meaning for "Emptyhad". 

All their "achievements" are now devoid of any glimmer of meaning that even the most deluded City fan thought they might have.

I'm so glad we weren't bought by those crooks or the Saudis. I'd much rather never win any trophy again than win several through shameless cheating and financial bullying.

Throw the book at them and deduct all their current points and let them try to stay up.

But we are financial bullies are we not?  Just go and ask teams in championship when we come calling for one of their players.  

Its the football way,  not sure why fans are getting outraged with City.  They just have done it to rich clubs and not championship clubs, who in turn, dont like it when they are the ones not doing the bullying.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well this is a crossroads for the league, we’re not talking individual instances of being creative with certain transactions, this seems to be a systemic pattern of fraud and bogus accounting over a decade long period.

The league has to act, failure to do so will open the floodgates for this to become the new norm.

First thing I thought when i saw the release this morning, thats the end of ffp.  And it will be.  Mr levy, mr glazer and mr Henry can do one.

expulsion from the league and european competitions is the only worthy punishment

anything else and the PL have bottled it

i bet they just get slapped with a fine...a big one, 50m+, but that's all it will be, leaving the likes of chelsea and newcastle rubbing their hands together

They should be stripped of all titles since 2009 and be kicked out of the football league. Over 100 offences and they've been cheating the game for 14 years! It taints every one of those seasons as they've rarely gone a year without winning a trophy. 

• Like 1

Chelsea and Newcastle next please. I would like to see the PL going all "Glasgow Rangers" on them by giving Citeh an automatic relegation to League Two, lets see how long Haaland and Jack, want to stick around then;). As has been said, they will get their gang of lawyers back together again and the PL will reluctantly water down any punishment to a purely financial one, that their owners will laugh about when paying. If so, they might as well rip up their rule book once and for all, because the ones that really ride roughshod over those rules, will know they can get away with doing it.  

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Everton next with their attempt to write off ludicrous amounts of losses due to Covid. 

Aren't Chelsea trying a similar trick with their inflated transfer spending, by saying they were denied the means to buy players, because Roman Abramovich's assets were frozen due to his links with Putin?:rolleyes: 

3 minutes ago, John said:

Chelsea and Newcastle next please. I would like to see the PL going all "Glasgow Rangers" on them by giving Citeh an automatic relegation to League Two, lets see how long Haaland and Jack, want to stick around then;). As has been said, they will get their gang of lawyers back together again and the PL will reluctantly water down any punishment to a purely financial one, that their owners will laugh about when paying. If so, they might as well rip up their rule book once and for all, because the ones that really ride roughshod over those rules, will know they can get away with doing it.  

Rangers went out of business and a new company/club had to be set up to be able to trade.  No comparison to what’s happening at City.  I suspect they will get a point’s deduction if anything.  More realistic is that they fight it being anti competitive and ffp is thrown out.  

The idea of FFP was brought in originally to stop the likes of a Peter Ridsdale/Leeds happening.  What it turned out to be was keeping pool/utd/spurs at top given their income 

Considering what has happened to "smaller" clubs with much fewer irregularities they should have the book thrown at them. 

Points deduction, relegation, transfer ban and a mahoosive fine.

So they'll probably get a fine which won't even trouble them.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

City’s punishment for being super rich and finding illegal ways to pump money into the club could be a fine :lol: 

jerry-seinfeld-im-out.gif

Ha ha, it does beggar belief. Club where money is no object, accused to treating money like it’s no object, and given a financial penalty. We shall see… but I imagine that’ll be the outcome 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â