Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

3 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

Grealish has been a poor signing by City thus far, even if he has the most remarkable game against us on Sunday. It won't change that truth. They brought him in to make them better in the Champions League - it did not have the desired effect. They won the league last season - so little progression has made in terms of additional trophies. Grealish has added nothing but a bit of cheesy/plastic celebrity to the cottage pie club. Jack was more than that to our club.

But considering he is Pep's development project at the ripe old age of 27 - maybe I am being too harsh. 🤣

He's one season into what I think is a six year contract. He'll get so much better as he becomes more suited to their system. He's more likely to win a Ballon D'or than he is to be binned off by Citeh, in my opinion.

He was brilliant for us, he got us £100,000,000 and (I think) we will (eventually) be better without him. Also, Buendia could be as good, again, my opinion.

I just don't understand the vitriol he receives. Its **** crazy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

He's one season into what I think is a six year contract. He'll get so much better as he becomes more suited to their system. He's more likely to win a Ballon D'or than he is to be binned off by Citeh, in my opinion.

He was brilliant for us, he got us £100,000,000 and (I think) we will (eventually) be better without him. Also, Buendia could be as good, again, my opinion.

It is pretty sad there are still people angry with him posting here regularly.

Without getting political, I believe social media has helped exacerbate the phenomenon where people seem more interested in (who/what)ever they hate getting 'owned' than improving their own situation/happiness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It is pretty sad there are still people angry with him posting here regularly.

Without getting political, I believe social media has helped exacerbate the phenomenon where people seem more interested in (who/what)ever they hate getting 'owned' than improving their own situation/happiness.

You've written much more succinctly what I tried to convey.

Essentially, why are people so angry at something they have no control over and has no impact on them? UTV.

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I respect & understand your viewpoint. He shouldn't be abused IMO. He has my respect for his consistent performances on the pitch for us. 

Do you honestly see him seeing that contract out at City? It is more than likely he will be a bit part player in my opinion, which will probably mean he is very successful by association - albeit on the fringes. I think he will struggle to be the "star-man" again, maybe that doesn't matter to him? I don't know. I can see him having some bad games, some indifferent and some good as he is rotated about at City in the coming seasons. If he does become that player you believe he is capable of being then fair play.

The truth is he is just another talented player at Man City. He will be replaced by the next one as soon as his services are no longer needed. I do think he has lost something leaving us, an intangible quality that money cannot buy or success cannot bring. 

I am largely indifferent to him now - if/when he wins the title on Sunday, it will not make a jot of difference to me. The connection has gone. I won't feel anything. No happiness or ill will. I was buzzing when Albrighton won a league title with Leicester. A proper Villa fan who was badly treated by incompetent management. That was a person to be happy for. For Jack, he has tarnished his legacy here but I do not necessarily want him not to win the title.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Villa_Vids said:

I respect & understand your viewpoint. He shouldn't be abused IMO. He has my respect for his consistent performances on the pitch for us. 

Do you honestly see him seeing that contract out at City? It is more than likely he will be a bit part player in my opinion, which will probably mean he is very successful by association - albeit on the fringes. I think he will struggle to be the "star-man" again, maybe that doesn't matter to him? I don't know. I can see him having some bad games, some indifferent and some good as he is rotated about at City in the coming seasons. If he does become that player you believe he is capable of being then fair play.

The truth is he is just another talented player at Man City. He will be replaced by the next one as soon as his services are no longer needed. I do think he has lost something leaving us, an intangible quality that money cannot buy or success cannot bring. 

I am largely indifferent to him now - if/when he wins the title on Sunday, it will not make a jot of difference to me. The connection has gone. I won't feel anything. No happiness or ill will. I was buzzing when Albrighton won a league title with Leicester. A proper Villa fan who was badly treated by incompetent management. That was a person to be happy for. For Jack, he has tarnished his legacy here but I do not necessarily want him not to win the title.

I think he is better than what he is getting now treatment wise from the guru Pep

I dont think any team can actually afford him and if he wants to leave. He is priced out of coming to Villa

Will be staying at City for the 6 years or join Newcastle 

Ultimately i don't know any Citeh fans at all, so them winning the league has zero impact on me, but it would have been nice today to win and deny them the title. Minor payback for constantly derailing us as a team by buying/unsettling our best players over the years. 

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

“geg”

I’ve had to look it up to confirm what I guessed it meant by the context. It’s a new one on me.

Fairly certain it’s just a typo just by the close proximity of “g” and “t” on a keyboard 😄

Their fans are disgusting scumbags though, Keane is correct; their behaviour after the final whistle was awful, dismantling their own goals and parading their children on top of them was an accident waiting to happen, cutting up the turf, posing with cigars for selfies like they owned the place.

Plastic fans, the worst!

It's why I hoped Redscouse would win.

• Like 1

Â