What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

On 01/01/2023 at 03:53, HKP90 said:

While I like the AC games, mostly the early ones, I'm finding Ghost of Tsushima much more immersive and enjoyable at the moment. About 5-6 hours in.

Yeah definitely, I think at its core and as game in general until you chase the platinum its far more concise, its less scattergun and knows exactly what it's trying to be and nails it's main mechanics better

• Like 1

Bloodbourne DLC now completed.  Orphan of Cos was a total #### but did it eventually.  Now got a few chalice dungeons to do before the final boss to get the first platinum of 2023.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really getting into MW2 multiplayer now, never thought I would.

There's summat surreal about shooting a total stranger that actually exists, I'm even learning how to improve at it.

Very weird indeed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I'm really getting into MW2 multiplayer now, never thought I would.

There's summat surreal about shooting a total stranger that actually exists, I'm even learning how to improve at it.

Very weird indeed

Had the same experience with Halo: Reach years ago. Even found a nice group of old timers (relatively speaking) to play with. 

• Like 1

I think that's the thing.  If you can find a good group to play with, games like COD are a different experience.  There's nothing worse than being put into a squad with a bunch of kids.

• Like 1

This week i have finished off Asterigos (superb), Steelrising (very good) and Resident evil 3 remake (good fun but short). 

I've treated myself to Marvel Midnight Suns as I've heard good things. Should get in an hour on it later.

• Like 1

I loved Resi 3 remake but you aren't kidding on it being short. By the time I platinumed it I was doing a run in about 70 minutes. Makes it great for replaying though.

2 Remake is the better game overall, so jump on that if you've not played it already @Designer1

More or less finished with vampire survivors, brilliant game, ridiculous amount of depth to it, put maybe 30 hours in, it's strange how it transitions from the mad cap dash of the early runs to then the calculated runs once you know all the weapon evolves and yet for different reasons it stays so enjoyable

12 hours ago, Chindie said:

Just platinumed Nioh 2. Good game. Very good game.

Yeah it's great. Not got the Plat yet as I tend to dip in and out of it now and again (kengif) but once you get your eye in with the combat its a real joy to play.

Have you played Midnight Suns yet Chindie? Think you'd enjoy it.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah it's great. Not got the Plat yet as I tend to dip in and out of it now and again (kengif) but once you get your eye in with the combat its a real joy to play.

Have you played Midnight Suns yet Chindie? Think you'd enjoy it.

Yeah I thoroughly enjoyed Nioh 2. I never expected to finish it let alone platinum but it got it's teeth into me and I just cracked through it. 120hrs or so later and I've rinsed it...

I've not played Midnight Suns. Its on my list but there's a couple of things holding me back on it. Firstly it's a card game at heart isn't it? I've never liked games based around cards and I'm worried I'll start it and immediately be put off by the gameplay. Secondly I've never really dug into the XCOM style tactical turn based RPG, so again I'm worried I'll just not gel with it. And thirdly Moon Knight isn't in it, which is a heinous crime.

But still... Its on the list...

17 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I've not played Midnight Suns. Its on my list but there's a couple of things holding me back on it. Firstly it's a card game at heart isn't it? I've never liked games based around cards and I'm worried I'll start it and immediately be put off by the gameplay. Secondly I've never really dug into the XCOM style tactical turn based RPG, so again I'm worried I'll just not gel with it. And thirdly Moon Knight isn't in it, which is a heinous crime.

But still... Its on the list...

One of the things that attracted me to the game (apart from the very positive reviews) was the XCom type gameplay - as a veteran of that genre (going back to Laser Squad on the Amiga) I have always found that approach to combat very fulfilling when done well - and this is done VERY well.

Re. the Card Game element - there are cards in it and they get dealt at the start of each combat phase. Each card is a specific tier and power and you choose them based on situation. For me, it works very well for this sort of turn based combat because it means you are not relying on the same set of actions for each encounter and definitely makes things less predictable. 

I've found the out of combat stuff at the base quite relaxing too - just exploring the grounds and having a pint with Blade is a great way to spend an hour or so.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

One of the things that attracted me to the game (apart from the very positive reviews) was the XCom type gameplay - as a veteran of that genre (going back to Laser Squad on the Amiga) I have always found that approach to combat very fulfilling when done well - and this is done VERY well.

Re. the Card Game element - there are cards in it and they get dealt at the start of each combat phase. Each card is a specific tier and power and you choose them based on situation. For me, it works very well for this sort of turn based combat because it means you are not relying on the same set of actions for each encounter and definitely makes things less predictable. 

I've found the out of combat stuff at the base quite relaxing too - just exploring the grounds and having a pint with Blade is a great way to spend an hour or so.

Hmm... put it like this. I'm looking for deals on Midnight Suns as we speak :)

Just now, Chindie said:

Hmm... put it like this. I'm looking for deals on Midnight Suns as we speak :)

Yeah I got it in the sale for 43 quid iirc. Bit expensive but it's proven to be a worthwhile splurge.

I've gone back to Returnal.  I had it at launch but got rid when my progress got lost.  Its still a hard game but I think I'm better at it now than I was when it first came out.  

The fact it was part of PS+ Extra probably helped my decision to try it again 🤣

• Like 1

Continuing with my run through SNES RPGS: Final Fantasy VI. Tried many times over the years to play this, but I'm finally sitting down with it, and I'm loving it now. Took a bit of getting used to after finishing Chrono Trigger, but it's a lot more polished than FFIV. Story seems more broad and grandiose. That encounter rate is hell though. Not quite as bad as Breath of Fire 2 though.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â