What game you currently playing?

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate how modern games take up such huge amounts of space on consoles.

I'm having to delete old games on my PS4 to enable me to play new ones these days. It sucks.

I could just about cope with the size, its more the fact I can no longer play campaign without xbox live. Total rip off, I shall part ex it for something else. I think it took about 9 hours to install originally and each update was over 20gb. Bonkers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I hate how modern games take up such huge amounts of space on consoles.

I'm having to delete old games on my PS4 to enable me to play new ones these days. It sucks.

I deleted MW the other day as it required another 60GB update despite already taking up 170GB. Ridiculous. I’ve now got like 6 games in its place.

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

That doesn't sound right that you can't play the campaign without Xbox Live. Weird.

Its since they released Warzone as a free download. They merged it with the rest of the game, so now can't do campaign without xbox live.. You still can with PlayStation though. 

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Its since they released Warzone as a free download. They merged it with the rest of the game, so now can't do campaign without xbox live.. You still can with PlayStation though. 

That's dumb. Surprised loads of people haven't bitched about it to get them to change it. 

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I assume you have the game on disc? What happens if you disconnect the Xbox from the Internet and then try and play from the disc?

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I assume you have the game on disc? What happens if you disconnect the Xbox from the Internet and then try and play from the disc?

Still can't play, even from disc. Very annoying, deleted now so will get rid 

Finished up with Ashen (superb) and have moved onto Remnant from the Ashes (very good and very difficult) and also Genshin Impact, which is a rather good BOTW clone on PS4. Remarkably enough, it's free to play and puts many AAA titles to shame.

On 07/09/2020 at 15:32, Keyblade said:

Pokemon Emerald. I'm having a blast. Haven't played it since around the time it came out, but it has aged brilliantly.

Just about finished Platinum, and it was great. Not sure if it's better than Emerald though. Going to move on to Black/White soon.

On 02/10/2020 at 20:12, Dante_Lockhart said:

im playing bioshock 2 atm

What's it like?

Would you recommend playing Bioshock 1 & 2?  Or they just too old now to enjoy as much as newer games?

I've played Bioshock Infinite and enjoyed that.

50 minutes ago, ender4 said:

What's it like?

Would you recommend playing Bioshock 1 & 2?  Or they just too old now to enjoy as much as newer games?

I've played Bioshock Infinite and enjoyed that.

I played bioshock recently and it’s still an amazing game. Story plot loses its edge second time round, but if it’s your first time then do it now! Bioshock 2 is more of the same with a few extra bits thrown in. Definitely recommend.

Anyone testing the early access of Baldurs Gate 3? 

Balders Gate 2 is one of my all time favorite games but I only have a laptop and will not buy a PC anytime soon, or ever again so wont be playing this edition. Still hope it's not too big a car crash.

• Like 2

On 08/10/2020 at 20:10, sne said:

Anyone testing the early access of Baldurs Gate 3? 

Balders Gate 2 is one of my all time favorite games but I only have a laptop and will not buy a PC anytime soon, or ever again so wont be playing this edition. Still hope it's not too big a car crash.

I'm waiting for the full game to come out. I don't mind early access for survival games, but I can't stand playing an RPG in a piece meal form. RPG's are a special thing, they get the player immersed like nothing else and having to stop because Act 2 isn't finished yet would feel so bad. 

That said the opinions I have heard about Act 1 are mixed. It might just be that Act 1 is a slow burn and it gets better in Act 2 and 3, but the only people that seem really happy with it are die hard Baldur's Gate fans. Maybe that means it's a very good Baldur's Gate game, but maybe that also means they are biased and that is clouding their judgement. I tend to pay more attention to those that actually offer constructive criticism because it means they are stopping to smell the roses, they aren't just running through the game like "hehehe this fun!" and then calling it 10/10 at the end.

I think the jury is out on Baldur's Gate 3 and they likely won't come back in until the game is finished. It's really hard to know how good an RPG is based on its opening 20 hours. Anyone that played Dragon Age: Origins and chose are boring origin story knows that the start can often be the worst part of a brilliant game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daweii said:

I'm waiting for the full game to come out. I don't mind early access for survival games, but I can't stand playing an RPG in a piece meal form. RPG's are a special thing, they get the player immersed like nothing else and having to stop because Act 2 isn't finished yet would feel so bad. 

That said the opinions I have heard about Act 1 are mixed. It might just be that Act 1 is a slow burn and it gets better in Act 2 and 3, but the only people that seem really happy with it are die hard Baldur's Gate fans. Maybe that means it's a very good Baldur's Gate game, but maybe that also means they are biased and that is clouding their judgement. I tend to pay more attention to those that actually offer constructive criticism because it means they are stopping to smell the roses, they aren't just running through the game like "hehehe this fun!" and then calling it 10/10 at the end.

I think the jury is out on Baldur's Gate 3 and they likely won't come back in until the game is finished. It's really hard to know how good an RPG is based on its opening 20 hours. Anyone that played Dragon Age: Origins and chose are boring origin story knows that the start can often be the worst part of a brilliant game. 

I would wait too if I was to buy it, for much of the same reasons. Main reason aside from me not having a powerful PC is that I don't trust developers anymore when it comes to RPG after what happened between the fantastic Dragon Age Origins and Dragon Age 2 which I didn't even bothered finishing.

Have actually been watching a few eps of a walk through on Youtube as I won't be buying the game sadly (for hardware reasons) and without spoilers I'm not getting that Baldurs Gate feel, but maybe that's just me. It looks a lot like Divinity, no surprise, and maybe it opens up more once you get past act 1. Act 1 in Baldurs Gate 2 was also very straight forward.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Hollow Knight.

It's really, really, really, really, really good.

I've had it a few weeks, but I'm utterly terrible at it. It's a shame because it seems really interesting 🙁

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I've had it a few weeks, but I'm utterly terrible at it. It's a shame because it seems really interesting 🙁

Tbf it took me a little time to get my eye in with it. And like all Metroidvania titles it gets better as you progress and unlock abilities.

Helps that it's beautiful and has a wonderful soundtrack. 

I've got utterly lost in it. About 50hrs in now and still finding things.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â