maqroll

chief magistrate Howard Riddle, said TV footage did not show the complete exchange, meaning it was impossible to be sure exactly what was said. ‘In those circumstances, there being a doubt, the only verdict the court can record is one of not guilty,’ he said.

Which confirms what I said.

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chief magistrate Howard Riddle, said TV footage did not show the complete exchange, meaning it was impossible to be sure exactly what was said. ‘In those circumstances, there being a doubt, the only verdict the court can record is one of not guilty,’ he said.

I've made it easier for you :)

Anton Ferdinand still dislikes Terry. Is it acceptable to hold a grudge for 2 years or not?

If someone had called me a "**** black word removed" and then lied about it and, I assume, never apologised... then I'd probably still dislike them after 2 years.

If I was black, obviously. Otherwise it would just be a bit weird.

Didn't he say "Do you think I called you a "**** black word removed?" because I didn't call you that" which is a clever way of throwing the words 'at' the person without directly calling them that.

So there, Stevo, ya big honky.

Anton Ferdinand still dislikes Terry. Is it acceptable to hold a grudge for 2 years or not?

If someone had called me a "**** black word removed" and then lied about it and, I assume, never apologised... then I'd probably still dislike them after 2 years.

If I was black, obviously. Otherwise it would just be a bit weird.

Didn't he say "Do you think I called you a "**** black word removed?" because I didn't call you that" which is a clever way of throwing the words 'at' the person without directly calling them that.

So there, Stevo, ya big honky.

presumably if I as an outraged do gooder third party now  report this to the Met police , an expensive time consuming court case would follow ??

presumably if I as an outraged do gooder third party now  report this to the Met police , an expensive time consuming court case would follow ??

No, a honky calling a honky a honky is perfectly OK.

Out on a session abusing a security guard, you're right, it's probably not what I'd go with first :lol: That said, it's laughable to call it racially motivated when they were both the same race using a word for that race.

Summary : White person arrested for calling a white person white.

Do people even really know what racism means anymore? It's a serious question because if they don't (and they don't actually appear to) then the real stuff gets glossed over.

I've made it easier for you :)

It is you that need the help.

You said the court said he didn't do it. That is incorrect.

As the statement you have provided shows, the judge said the footage wasn't complete so it wasn't possible to be sure exactly what he said. So no the court didn't say he didn't the court said they couldn't be sure either way, reasonable doubt.

So he was found not guilt, that is not the same as the court saying he didn't do it.

It is a subtle but marked difference. It is guilty

Hope that helps.

sigh

So he was found not guilt, that is not the same as the court saying he didn't do it.

we can do this all night

courts have to prove guilt , if they can't then the person is innocent  ...

we had this discussion way way back before the trail when I told you he was innocent and you asked me how I knew .. my nswer then was because he hadn't been found guilty .. fast forward however many months and he still hasn't been found guilty

Edited by tonyh29

Exactly, no way to prove he didn't do it and Anton is still pretty upset about it 2 years later.

missed this earlier

but that was the strange thing at the time for me 

Ferdinand didn't react at the time , had a meeting with the Terry after the game , appeared to accept Terry's version of the events and shook hands with him

he even told the FA at his interview on the 28th Oct that he did not accuse Terry of making a racist remark.

then suddenly Ferdinand seems to change his mind .. it's almost as if pressure was put on him to do so ? 

and as you say , 2 years down the road is still upset

sigh

we can do this all night

courts have to prove guilt , if they can't then the person is innocent  ...

we had this discussion way way back before the trail when I told you he was innocent and you asked me how I knew .. my nswer then was because he hadn't been found guilty .. fast forward however many months and he still hasn't been found guilty

No he hasn't but still the court didn't find him innocent either as the very quote you provided demonstrated, there is a difference. The court didn't find that he didn't do it, read the quote you provided.

It isn't my fault you used the wrong terminology again which why I commented, if you'd said the court found him not guilty I wouldn't have.

• 2 weeks later...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â