maqroll

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Boehly wants out of Chelsea per Bloomberg and Sky Sports, with a fall-out between him and Egbhali.

Who actually owns the hotel and the training ground now?

Wonder is they'd also claim that with the purchases Chelsea have more assets

He's going to make a profit

Along with heck I'm wondering if these guys are purposefully putting in yank fall guys for the media and fans to jump all over before they disappear 

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

The plot thickens: Boehly and Clearlake don't want to leave, they want the other to go!

Brilliant!  They should have to cage fight for control of Chelsea.

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

There's no way this club doesn't end up absolute broke bust and relegated tbh

I’m of the opposite opinion because Chelsea are too big to fail.   For all the fun and games we can have at their expense right now, I’ll bet Chelsea win a major honour before 95% of the clubs currently laughing at them.  They’ll totally win another trophy before we do.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Rev said:

I’m of the opposite opinion because Chelsea are too big to fail.   For all the fun and games we can have at their expense right now, I’ll bet Chelsea win a major honour before 95% of the clubs currently laughing at them.  They’ll totally win another trophy before we do.  

They have great revenue but they're not a historically huge club they don't have a huge stadium, they seem to have no football people at the club. The youth talent will dry up. They won't qualify for CL anytime in the next decade. They spend obscene amounts of money on trash and have eye watering long contracts and liabilities. It's only heading one way for me.

And the sponsorship will dry up too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

They are historically a huge global club if you take history to mean the last 10-20 years which is all most sponsors and current fans know. 

I'd wager its longer. When Harding started splashing money, and the moment they signed Gullit was huge. It was everywhere in the football media and they never stopped from there.

That 29 years ago

Thing is if you are taking history as being the last 20 years, not just the PL growth but the mid 00s global explosion then they are the most successful team of that era and the city kids aren't there yet

For a generation they're bigger than Liverpool and utd, they're a huge club globally 

Same as spurs their timing was incredible 

Chelsea going away is wishful thinking 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

They have great revenue but they're not a historically huge club they don't have a huge stadium, they seem to have no football people at the club. The youth talent will dry up. They won't qualify for CL anytime in the next decade. They spend obscene amounts of money on trash and have eye watering long contracts and liabilities. It's only heading one way for me.

And the sponsorship will dry up too.

"No football people at the club." Indeed. The two owners are bloody clueless about football. I would have more faith in half the people on this forum before trusting either one of those two to make football-related decisions.  Worse, one of them can't admit this to himself. You at the very least need a crumb of humility to get anywhere.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

21 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

"No football people at the club." Indeed. The two owners are bloody clueless about football. I would have more faith in half the people on this forum before trusting either one of those two to make football-related decisions.  Worse, one of them can't admit this to himself. You at the very least need a crumb of humility to get anywhere.

By half the forum, I assume your talking about people from Off Topic and those lunatics who hang out in On Topic.

• Haha 1

On 07/09/2024 at 16:11, The_Rev said:

Same but they need CL more than winning a league cup each season for the next five years. They fail to qualify for CL in next three seasons (which isn't impossible) and their finances take a major hit as they'll struggle to attract sponsors and the existing ones have penalty clauses if they're not playing CL (Man. United ones do anyway if they miss out on CL for two consecutive seasons).

The Abramovich era had its own chaotic periods with sacking managers and also endless loans for young players but ultimately they were challenging for league titles and CLs. If not Abramovich sacked the manager and appointed one who could deliver that.

Chelsea are miles off, just finishing 5th and getting CL place that way will be a far more successful season for them than winning the Europa Conference.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â