maqroll

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Didn’t we sell our training ground to another Xia company? (maybe it was the stadium).

NSWE sold the ground to themselves IIRC. 
We would be doing the exact same as Chelsea if we could. 

• Thanks 1

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont so much mind the sale of hotels. The club owned them.and made whatever money they did from them. Now someone else owns them and makes money from them.

It's a bit weird because I thought the hotels were basically players lodges, and I'd imagine they didn't pay to stay there. Maybe whoever bought them will now bill Chelsea a totally insignificant amount to have the use of them?

Selling the womens club is a joke though. Spending on women's football is ignored from FFP calcs. So in theory they could just start up another one,  spunk loads of money on it, then sell it on again. It's utterly bizarre.

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

NSWE sold the ground to themselves IIRC. 
We would be doing the exact same as Chelsea if we could. 

I was thinking about what Xia did and it was to sell the naming rights for Bodymoor  Heath to another of his companies (the point being we aren’t whiter than white in criticising what other clubs are doing).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I dont so much mind the sale of hotels. The club owned them.and made whatever money they did from them. Now someone else owns them and makes money from them.

It's a bit weird because I thought the hotels were basically players lodges, and I'd imagine they didn't pay to stay there. Maybe whoever bought them will now bill Chelsea a totally insignificant amount to have the use of them?

I think the issue is they aren’t really selling them, it’s a paperwork exercise between 2 businesses in the same group. If they’d have sold the hotel to Travel Inn then it would be more legit.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think the issue is they aren’t really selling them, it’s a paperwork exercise between 2 businesses in the same group. If they’d have sold the hotel to Travel Inn then it would be more legit.

Maybe,  but that second businesses profits won't be reflected in the "Chelsea FC" business, I assume?..

.i.e they've lost whatever income they used to bring in,  or sold on something they owned that was of value. i might be wrong on this. 

Either way, the women's football team is far more outrageous to me. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Maybe,  but that second businesses profits won't be reflected in the "Chelsea FC" business, I assume?..

.i.e they've lost whatever income they used to bring in,  or sold on something they owned that was of value. i might be wrong on this. 

I guess they needed an injection of a large amount of money quickly hence them “selling” the hotel. It’s all shady stuff, I agree on the women’s team, it’s another loophole which is probably going to get closed because of abuse like this.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Yes, this is how I feel as well. The hotel transaction is blatant gaming of the system, but as you say they won't be able to record any revenue from them on their balance sheet now and they can only do it once. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, this is how I feel as well. The hotel transaction is blatant gaming of the system, but as you say they won't be able to record any revenue from them on their balance sheet now and they can only do it once. 

You underestimate Boehly 😊. As part of the transaction Chelsea retained management rights for the hotels. So they still run the operation and book any profits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

They’ve left Palmer out of their Conf League squad. Just mental. 

They should still qualify with ease without him and register him after Christmas

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

They must think there's enough quality amongst the other 78 players in the squad to carry them past Aventaklüh FC etc. The omitted players could come back in for the knockout stages, also. Here's hoping Chelsea somehow contrive a way to not qualify though...

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They should still qualify with ease without him and register him after Christmas

It is still ludicrous though. If they are planning to bring him in later it means leaving out someone who got them to the knockouts which will be popular I’m sure. 

They are the poster for how to run a club in the worst possible way. 

If they can spend literal billions of pounds I'm not sure they have to be run competently. If you're wealthy enough you just fail upwards. **** this club.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I can see the logic tbh, they're playing 8 games so should comfortably qualify when you see the quality they're facing and bit silly to risk him getting a long term injury in one of the games.

We didn't need our full 11 out to get out of last season's group so makes sense to keep him fresh and have him out there for every prem game. Less travelling aswell.

Edit: This is also a good way of integrating Sancho into their team by starting him in the Conference league in the void Palmer leaves.

Edited by VillaChris

Doesn't happen very often cos I play a lot of FM but FC noah from the Armenian premier division...nope never heard of them

They don't need Palmer for these games, it actually makes a lot of sense unfortunately 

6 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

You underestimate Boehly 😊. As part of the transaction Chelsea retained management rights for the hotels. So they still run the operation and book any profits.

Ah yeah, that's true, I'd forgotten that. Still, I doubt it's much money, they look like shit. 

17 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ah yeah, that's true, I'd forgotten that. Still, I doubt it's much money, they look like shit. 

Probably have the two upper floors permanently hired to random Saudi royals for £200,000 per floor per day

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â