maqroll

4 minutes ago, sne said:

Well yeah kinda. If they want Boehly to vote on something football related I'm sure he will vote as they please. They "control" 2 out of 20 PL clubs now that Sheff U were relegated. Doubt that owner would go against MBS.

I don't think they're particularly interested in Boehly and I'm not sure they have any influence on the decision making at Chelsea - I think it's one that's completely overblown. If PIF were interested in influencing Chelsea, they'd own Chelsea.

When the Saudi's want influence over something they buy it - this I think amounts to no more than a handshake for Chang and Egbhali in the hope they'll add their fund to those involved in The Line.

• Like 2

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't think they're particularly interested in Boehly and I'm not sure they have any influence on the decision making at Chelsea - I think it's one that's completely overblown. If PIF were interested in influencing Chelsea, they'd own Chelsea.

When the Saudi's want influence over something they buy it - this I think amounts to no more than a handshake for Chang and Egbhali in the hope they'll add their fund to those involved in The Line.

Are they allowed to directly own 2 clubs in the PL?

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Sancho on a loan to buy (£290,000k pw) is another utterly baffling bit of business.

Am not sure had any non baffling transfers. Even ones that work out like Palmer was baffling at the time

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

So the Washington move broke down because they were told it would be investigated?

Blimey someone at the Premier league or UEFA is actually awake!

This is good to know. Seems all is not lost…. Yet. 

• Like 1

Chelsea are going to be inconsistent this season. They’ll win some 5-0 and then fail to produce the week after.

Also, if they go on a bad run I can see Maresca not having the experience to turn it around 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rodders129 said:

Chelsea are going to be inconsistent this season. They’ll win some 5-0 and then fail to produce the week after.

You had this brilliant insight just after they won 6-2 one week then dropped points at home the weekend after 🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Guaranteed his income until he's 32 - whatever happens. Amazing deal for the player.

At a guess they've effectively restructured his deal, whatever the numbers, he was on say £200k a week for 5 years and now he's on £170k for 9 years, or he gets say a drop down to £150k for the next 2 years then it bumps up over time, kicks the can down the road 

The yanks do it all the time in their sports 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

At a guess they've effectively restructured his deal, whatever the numbers, he was on say £200k a week for 5 years and now he's on £170k for 9 years, or he gets say a drop down to £150k for the next 2 years then it bumps up over time, kicks the can down the road 

Yes but in US sports like NFL you can sack a player at anytime and he only gets the guaranteed portion of his contract. Football is like baseball, the contracts are fully guaranteed. 

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think they can also re-spread the amortisation - either the remaining amount over the longer term because they bought him before the 5-year rule came in, or if the 5-year rule is retrospective at least they can re-spread over another 5 years from this point.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â