maqroll

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They are going to be strong this season and should easily be in the top 4 once the manager settles his main 20 players.

Yep, the depth they have is absolutely mental. If they don’t make top 4 then they have absolutely failed. They **** around like this and we can’t bring on a defensive player. Football is absolutely broken. 

32 minutes ago, ender4 said:

They are going to be strong this season and should easily be in the top 4 once the manager settles his main 20 players.

They won't. You can't just have a dozen players around the place

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Been hearing that the last two seasons 😂

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

If it takes I'm time to settle, they'll sack him - probably just at the point where he settles and starts getting results.

Chelsea aren't buying players to play - they're stockpiling for future PSR - why players are buying into that is a mystery to me.

20 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The biggest circus in football isn’t suddenly going to improve massively on the pitch 

If you take the second half of last season, they finished 4th during that period.  All they need to do is match their own Jan-May performance. 

Not saying they definitely will, but they have a very good chance to do so. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

They're paying more for Sterling to play for a rival, than that rival is paying Sterling. They are sponsoring the opposition. 

Boehly (bin Salman) can afford it.

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Boehly (bin Salman) can afford it.

PIF own 5% of Clearlake who own 60% of Chelsea - I mean, he can afford it, but would he want to put that much money into a club he owns 3% of?

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

PIF own 5% of Clearlake who own 60% of Chelsea - I mean, he can afford it, but would he want to put that much money into a club he owns 3% of?

His league has been buying up Chelsea deadwood to help them out  so I'd say yes.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

His league has been buying up Chelsea deadwood to help them out  so I'd say yes.

Perhaps that's more to do with wanting to build his league and thinking he may as well invest at the other end while he's at it - personally, I doubt PIF cares a great deal about Chelsea or about what they do on a day to day basis. I think it's just another of the tens of thousands of investments they make in order to partner with the right investment funds and billionaires and ensure they own a little slice of everything.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Perhaps that's more to do with wanting to build his league and thinking he may as well invest at the other end while he's at it - personally, I doubt PIF cares a great deal about Chelsea or about what they do on a day to day basis. I think it's just another of the tens of thousands of investments they make in order to partner with the right investment funds and billionaires and ensure they own a little slice of everything.

I think their investments are about influence and power rather than growing their money in many cases. 

9 minutes ago, sne said:

I think their investments are about influence and power rather than growing their money in many cases. 

Absolutely, but the influence here I would suspect is more about alliance with the owners of clearlake rather than Chelsea football club.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Absolutely, but the influence here I would suspect is more about alliance with the owners of clearlake rather than Chelsea football club.

Well yeah kinda. If they want Boehly to vote on something football related I'm sure he will vote as they please. They "control" 2 out of 20 PL clubs now that Sheff U were relegated. Doubt that owner would go against MBS.

The Saudi/FIFA vs Qatar/UEFA battle for control over football is likely ending with Saudi getting their way whatever that leads to in the end.

They have a lot of depth, but first off they can't register a huge amount of them. Secondly, This depth they have are a bunch of players with no history of performance, no history in the league, never been proven.

I think it's another season of Chelsea jokers.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â